BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waz up! I have finally ordered some performance modifications for my 330ci and want to knoiw if someone has a similar setup or if anyone knows what i can expects from my steptronic 330. Heres what i got, UUC exhaust, Jim Comforti intake, Dinan Throttle body, and a custom ecu reprograming by bav auto. Bav auto says that on stock 330 you can expects 17 hp gain at the wheel with their ecu reprograming, and the guy I talked to told me they would actually customise my ecu for the mods I have. I am still a little sceptical about the gains I could expect. What do u guys know/think about what I should actually expect when I get back into the drivers seat of my 330

·
Just Marinatin'
2,844 Posts
hmmmm

I dont' think that software alone is going to give you 17hp gain. From what I understand and hear the software does close to nothing for 330's because they have pretty much been milked of what they are capable of delivering. With all components combined that you mentioned you should experience a significant increase. The increase would be a lot more fun with a stick:tongue: but I think that you will be happy. I could be wrong about the hp thing but I am pretty sure I am correct.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
17hp from software??:confused: :confused: :confused: get your money back.

Chip-

·
call me kev :D
6,177 Posts
carguy84 said:
17hp from software??:confused: :confused: :confused: get your money back.

Chip-
yup, return that crap, it's like that one dude said " you can get 30-40hp" from putting a m3 exhuast on :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :lmao:

·
call me kev :D
6,177 Posts
xS3x said:
bavauto is a great distributer..
but i don't trust their tuning capability..

if i were u..i'd return the software
plus.. did you see the price they charge for m tech kit? and the m3 conversion kit? OH HELL NO :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
e46boy said:

yup, return that crap, it's like that one dude said " you can get 30-40hp" from putting a m3 exhuast on :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :lmao:
damn i cut my spare for nothing

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,759 Posts
I have heard that Conforti's software is done but the "injector" for the new OBD isn't finished. Bav requires you to send the ECU to them for reprogramming so it could be his software.

Tim

·
Just Marinatin'
2,844 Posts
no kidding

xS3x said:

but they do match prices!!

and tim:
i would be surprised if conforti do their software since his own software was not even released:dunno:
I got my ACS 3 piece for 350 shipped on a price match. I would never have paid their usual 439 plus shipping for it or their outrageous 654.99 for their ACS mirrors. I just got them for 449.00 Thanks Tim.

·
mi casa @ technik
6,438 Posts
tim330i said:
I have heard that Conforti's software is done but the "injector" for the new OBD isn't finished. Bav requires you to send the ECU to them for reprogramming so it could be his software.

Tim
but wouldnt it make more sense if bav advertises conforti is doing their software?:dunno:

heres their dyno chat if any of you is interested!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does the Dinan throttle body make a huge difference? Because it seems like that's a pretty expensive part for what they "claim" for the performance increase. Yea... 17 HP would be an enormous gain. You should dyno your car when you get a chance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts