BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mod items are trickling in - here's what came in today - below, and here's what I'm waiting on:

Waiting on my V-wheels, V-BBK, CF Grill, CF interior trim, CF steering wheel cover, CF ebrake handle, DICE iPod Interface, V-CF Race Hood, VRS CF Diffuser (new from Vorsteiner), V-CF Engine Cover (replacement to match), exta CF V-Race Lip (to match).

Carbon Fiber Hood-Trunk-Steering Wheel Roundels; Monochromatic & Shadow Chrome ///M3 Emblem

Order from D/A - SS Step Headers, SS Race Cats, X-Pipe, and Race Software, waiting on change as considering OEM CSL Header/Cats

The CF Side Gills and Quatro CF Performance Strut Bar is from JLeviSW. As indicated above I also got their CF Grill and getting the CF Radiator cover form them too. Works of art!

The Eibach f/r Sways I got from a forum member who after a few months of use found a set from a CSL - lucky guy, but me too for this great deal.

May - V-CSL CF Airbox

Here's my complete mod list to date (won't fit in sig):

ModsVorsteiner: V-CSL Bumper w/ CF Race Lip (extra CF lip for shows), V-CSL Trunk, V-CSL-Diffuser, VRS CF Vented Race Hood; V-CF Engine Cover; Vorsteiner VRS Forged Wheels 19x8 & 19x10 (Michelin PS2 245/275); V-Brembo 6 pot 380mm F & 4 pot 345mm R Monobloc GT BBK; Predators Chromiums w/Remote; Micro Antenna; Carbon Fiber Grill, Carbon Fiber Gills, Depo Shaded Corners; OEM Hardtop; M3 Floormats, OEM Wind Buffer, Full Interior Black CF Trim, CSL Carbon Fiber Console, Carbon Fiber Rear Seat Consol, M3 Aluminum Pedals, KWv2 Coilovers, Ground Control RSM, Eibach F/R Sway Bars, Quatro Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar; Eisenmann Race Muffler; Carbon Fiber Hood-Trunk-Steering Wheel Roundels; Monochromatic & Shadow Chrome ///M3 Emblem; DICE iPod Integration

Next up: CF CSL-Type Airbox/Software, Headers, Race Cats, 4.10

Attachments

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, me too. Sean knows his stuff. Put in an order request this evening and we were discussing a few items and weighing the OEM CSL header/cats. I figure you can't go wrong with the OEM CSL and he carries them (or can get them direct from Germany). Waiting to hear back.

Going to do more with JLeviSW and considering Status Racing Seats and a harness bar for my 'vert, and replacing my Eisenmann Race with a newer version - same brand/setup.

I might flatbed the car to Bimmerfest - been requested under a few tents.

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's cool and thanks bro. I've also got to take that sticker off and powder coat the brackets black, but the strut bar is probably not for everyone. Here's the same strut bar under a couple of other hoods.

The underside of my hood will not be painted and will stay exposed CF to match, and of course I'll have the V-CSL Airbox to tie it all together which was the idea. I wasn't sure if it was too much CF, but I like it just the same. I figure the interior will be all CF too so why not under hood. :str8pimpi

Attachments

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
it's not so much how it looks, but i just don't think it's designed as well as oem due to its hinges. everything is well planned and you worked out the details nicely with the polished wheels, cf weave, etc. hope you dont mind when it comes time for me to ask vorsteiner for 2x2 weave as well lol

theres a guy on m3f with a ton of cf stuff under his hood and it all goes so well, so i'd imagine your's looking as good. i think his name is "acm3" or something like that.. silver grey, csl kit from colorado (can find in the member's ride section on the 1st page).

cant wait to see how it all ties together once the snow melts

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's not so much how it looks, but i just don't think it's designed as well as oem due to its hinges. everything is well planned and you worked out the details nicely with the polished wheels, cf weave, etc. hope you dont mind when it comes time for me to ask vorsteiner for 2x2 weave as well lol

theres a guy on m3f with a ton of cf stuff under his hood and it all goes so well, so i'd imagine your's looking as good. i think his name is "acm3" or something like that.. silver grey, csl kit from colorado (can find in the member's ride section on the 1st page).

cant wait to see how it all ties together once the snow melts
It's no problem really on the CF strut bar, seriously I just dig it. I'm going to like it better with the brackets powdercoated black like the picture above on the right. The one on the left is the car you're referring to I think. He also gutted his interior and put in black racing buckets.

I'm thinking about doing that and have been in touch with JL at JLeviSW who carries Status racing seats.

Sorry, Vorsteiner won't give you or anyone else 2X2 - just me! J/K! I actually have my engine cover, race lip, and diffuser in 1X1 but just changed it over. I've got my engine cover sold and keeping my 1X1 lip for the street and using the 2X2 for show.

It's going to be plenty fast now with the SS Race Header, Race Cats, X-Pipe and D/A Race Software. But to your point, I honestly have planned this out since mid-last year when I did the body in V-CSL and got the suspension. It's just now coming together.

I can't wait to also get the airbox (hope to still fit it in my budget) and the 4.10. After the race seats she's pretty much done.

I'm going to enjoy it and in 2009 I'll probably then go back to Porsche and get a 997S and start all over again.:str8pimpi

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John - noticed your sig - if you get GC coils know that they're linear and very suited for track. I almost got them when I switched out my Tein S Tech/Koni SA setup but I liked the progressive spring setup much better from KWv2. However, you seriously can't go wrong with GC. They're really nice in that they come complete with RSM, and camber plates - great package.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
John - noticed your sig - if you get GC coils know that they're linear and very suited for track. I almost got them when I switched out my Tein S Tech/Koni SA setup but I liked the progressive spring setup much better from KWv2. However, you seriously can't go wrong with GC. They're really nice in that they come complete with RSM, and camber plates - great package.
i read a 20 page thread on m3f about clunking with the GC.. which has me hesitant. i'll definitely consider KW. everyone has nothing but good things to say about them.. and i read you can SLAM your m3 with em. haha

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That M3 is HAWT! I've seen it before - absolutely SICK.

When I first installed my KWv2, no kidding - I had the fronts set about 3/4 of the way to the lowest point and nearly 1/3 of the wheel was tucked - so fricken sick, but too extreme to drive it like that. The rears were also tucked to the top of the rear rim. It was so SICK it was down-right ICKY (haha). Seriously, I absolutely love my KWv2. I've got mine set on fairly soft, but still handles excellent. I'm also using an Agency Power strut bar and that works well too.

When I was researching coilovers I considered quite a few. But this one guy told me and I'll never forget it "Get KWv2 and be happy". He was absolutely right! They're also INOX which is a stainless steel and they will not rust. Picture of mine when they were in a box - I was totally thrilled!

Attachments

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
wooooo nice mod list :wow:

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks - I'm stoked - can't wait 'til it's all here and on the car.

John - BTW, the Eibach will more than compensate for any deficiency in the strut bar. Agency Power coming off and CF strut bar on - although I'm told the CF strut bar is highly functional.

·
Registered
720 Posts
very nice :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
wow and i thought i was bad for wanting a few carbon fiber things. front lip rear defuser engine cover and interior trim would be about it for me. where did you get all that stuff????

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
too sick man, modding it like a champ!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can't wait to see all the mods on the car.... since u're going with the SS headers and S/W, is it safe to assume that u're dropping the idea of turbo or SC?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
That M3 is HAWT! I've seen it before - absolutely SICK.

When I first installed my KWv2, no kidding - I had the fronts set about 3/4 of the way to the lowest point and nearly 1/3 of the wheel was tucked - so fricken sick, but too extreme to drive it like that. The rears were also tucked to the top of the rear rim. It was so SICK it was down-right ICKY (haha). Seriously, I absolutely love my KWv2. I've got mine set on fairly soft, but still handles excellent. I'm also using an Agency Power strut bar and that works well too.

When I was researching coilovers I considered quite a few. But this one guy told me and I'll never forget it "Get KWv2 and be happy". He was absolutely right! They're also INOX which is a stainless steel and they will not rust. Picture of mine when they were in a box - I was totally thrilled!
Man, the KWs just went up a notch after reading this. I hope to see a photoshoot of your car with the V-wheels slammed. haha maybe i'll get to see it over at bimmerfest *hint* lol :thumbsup: I guess I'll have to decide bt GC and KW.

Thanks - I'm stoked - can't wait 'til it's all here and on the car.

John - BTW, the Eibach will more than compensate for any deficiency in the strut bar. Agency Power coming off and CF strut bar on - although I'm told the CF strut bar is highly functional.
Eibach sways? definitely! i have that on my list too. :pimpin:

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks.

0OhitmanO0 - Vorsteiner = Vorsteiner - Sponsor; Tom @ EAS = CF interior, DICE, CF Roundels, Monochromatic Shadow Chrome ///M3 Emblem; JLeviSW - new sponsor = CF strut bar, CF Grill, CF Gills, CF Radiator Cover - also replacing my Eisenmann Race with a newer one; Forum Member = Eibach f/r sways; Sean @ D/A - of course! = SS Race Headers, SS Race Cats, SS X-Pipe

King**** - I'm #2 on the box but no information will be released prior to Bimmerfest and of course I will be there for it's unveiling.

Carbon///M3 - Thanks!

Tony - header/cats/x-pipe would be required fro a StageII S/C or HPF for good setup; if V-CSL Airbox does work for me then I'm considering 1 of the other 2 for 2008 -I've spoken to Chris @HPF and considering; JLLevi agreed to sponsor on VF S/C; but I'm leaning heavily into the N/A route and building a Stroker eventually. We'll see. I may end up just writing the check at BF for the "box" and if I decide in 2008 to go F/I I'll keep it as an ornament (hehe) or sell.

John - I'm telling ya bro - KWv2 FTW and like the dude said to me "Get KWv2 and be Happy". :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts