BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all I have bad news:
Friday night as I was driving home and heard a weird noise in the engine compartment, the motor blew the bearings in the crankshaft, this is what the head mechanic at the dealer told me this morning. They will be installing a new motor and I will be using my X5 for two weeks, the race with the Modena is still on as soon as I do the breaking period on the new engine. The head mechanic told me that my M3 already had 29,000mi and that there may of been a mistake that my car did not fall on the recall of the 2002 oil pump and bearing replacement.
Oh well I will keep you posted on the outcome and I have to look on the bright side "brand new engine", but sit tight since we will race...

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,090 Posts
RAYOS, que lastima escuchar eso, espero que tu auto quede como nuevo y que lo tengas de regreso lo antes posible :(

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Thats too bad, enjoy the new engine when it comes though.

·
Help me Help you!
955 Posts
wow look on the bright side, u had 28k on your car and will get a brand new one ..... damn almost like getting a new car.
Wouldnt that increase your car's value if u decide to sell it or trade in?

·
Registered
336 Posts
itchyNscratchy said:
wow look on the bright side, u had 28k on your car and will get a brand new one ..... damn almost like getting a new car.
Wouldnt that increase your car's value if u decide to sell it or trade in?
haha...no, a new engine usually decreases a car's value. But since M3s are high demand cars, i don't think value will change at all.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
purm3 it was for the best !!!!!!!!!

better to have a new bullit prove engine when you beat that
360 hehehe at lease the engine won't blow on you while you will be hitting 170mph against the 360. it was a blessing someone
up stairs must like you. good luck with your new engine. don't forget to break her in totally untill the 3,000 mile period for full
out perf. of your car!!!!!! 180+ hehehe
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
hmm. the first question that came to mind is didn't the mechanic or whoever say anything about the mods on your car.

i mean: OS Special ECU Programing, Gruppe M Intake, Eibach Sway Bars, OZ 3 piece Superligera Wheels, Borla Exhaust with Supersprint mid section, Euro Headers, Eibach Springs, 4.10 BMW Motorsports Differential

man my dealer would freak out and blame everything on the mods and try to make me pay for a new engine.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
How much is the new engine gonna run u????? Or is the engine under warrenty???

·
Registered
836 Posts
dude you are going to get rocked so hard!!!! My dads partner rapes m3s with his zo6 and his z06 rapes ferrari 360 modenas ...ouch

·
Registered
75 Posts
ilovebmw said:
dude you are going to get rocked so hard!!!! My dads partner rapes m3s with his zo6 and his z06 rapes ferrari 360 modenas ...ouch
There is a logic problem with your syllogism.

Vandy

·
Registered
193 Posts
ilovebmw said:
That's a lot of raping, who is the partner? Kobe Bryant? Michael Jackson?

·
Registered
836 Posts
im joking dude about the mom thing, it aint my kind of thing to say, butt stop with the smart remarks, thats not cool

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey man it's all in good fun not trying to offend you. But could you please explain your original statement comparing the M3, Z06, and Ferrari becuase the way it read it sounds like you are saying the Z06 will destroy the M3 and Ferrari. I think he is just talking about the M3 vs Ferrari so the Z06 killing both of them doesn't say anything about this race. Maybe I am confused though.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,617 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Enjoy your new engine. You're lucky the dealer doesn't try and blame it on all your sweet mods.

Your car must be wicked fast with them though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To all:
My egine went under the warrantie, after all those 2001 M3's engines broke BMW gave all the 2001 and 2002 an extended warrantie on the engines os 6yrs or 100,000mi.
Also, the head mechanic is a good freind of mine and he told me just to take out the Gruppe M intake and he would take care of the rest.
Regards,
PUR M3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts