BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good freind of mine has a 2000 360 Modena, the other day as we were speaking on the phone told me if I wanted to race. I said why not. ¿What do you guys think, his car is stock as you can see I have made various mod's to the M3?

PUR M3

·
I am F1.
765 Posts
what type of performance modifications are on the M3?

And the 360 Modena is stock? is it spider/ and does it have F1 shift. BTW. the 2000 Modena models have a slower F1 shift as thats when they were in the "showoff" software which blips the throttle as you downshift, making shifts a bit slower, thus affecting the upshift. so the 2000 software on the Ferraris arent that well written, if it was a 02+ then it would be different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the modena is not a spider and is fully stock.

·
Registered
377 Posts
that awesome u got the upside down ? too hehe

english should use that too haha

·
Never Follow.
522 Posts
off topic here.. but PUR, u got any vids or sound clips of your car? you have the exhaust setup i wanna get!

Anyways, yeah, Ferrai will be a good race, you may run even with him, but his car SHOULD pull away at higher speeds.... not saying it will, but its very possible

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you can drive your car, you will beat the Modena.

BoGiE

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sport mode on, DSC off, SMG 6th position, rev each gear to 8,100rpm's, I think so too.

Thanks

·
Banned
739 Posts
Should be able to pull on him from 1-2, and maybe 3rd he will start to catch. Not sure about higher end speed as you don't exactly have the best top speed gears installed ;).

·
Registered
742 Posts
Seriously you will lose but you won't get blown out. A saw a video on another forum of an m5 vs 360 modena stock... M5 lost by 2 car lengths on a 4 mile stretch.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Sorry to tell u but you will be raped if he is a good driver. numbers are

400hp
0-60 4.3sec (3.9 or 4.0 is actual results)
1/4 12.6 (actual results are les than that)

Only thing you'll see during the race would be his exchaust nozzles. But his car cost 3 times as much and 2 seater true sports car. He is supposed to beat you bad, after all he paid for that extra edge.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know guys. :dunno: I think it will be a closer race then we think. I read on another form about some guy running 12.7 i think on a stock m3 six speed but was supposed to be some race driver. How true the story is I don't know.

With Pur's mods I would have to say his diff is a big plus in his favor. So lets assume that Pur picked up 4/10ths of his 1/4 mile time just from the diff and take into consideration his other mods then its safe to say he can run a 13.0 or better. The 12.6 time on the 360 is rated proffesional testing also. Launching in s6 dsc off he can launch hard enough to take him on the get go.

I think pending on both Pur and his friends driving it should be one hell of a close race! Like sheefo2k said tape it cause I want to see!!

Btw Pur, I had emailed you a while back with some questions about your car. Pm me when you get a chance. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts