BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Holy cow! Slicktop wagon! That alone must have took a while to find.

How did you get the donor M3 and Wagon to San Diego to kaiv from Houston and how long did the rebuild take once it was in kaiv's hands?
Yes it took me many months to find a facelift slicktop wagon.

I actually bought the M3 in SoCal and had it shipped to his shop. The stock wagon was bought in San Francisco and shipped down to his shop as well.

I would say about 4-6 weeks once he is ready for you, but he can clarify on that if he wants.

·
Vendor
13,155 Posts
S54 and slick top.... LOVE IT!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, it was molded Hard Motorsports or nothing for me. My biggest issue is high cost for negligble performance gain. I've got 255 square now and wouldnt get much better than 275 square with a full kit. Buying and sending front quarters, hood, bumper to paint plus blending the doors and buying M headlights and accessories is going to have you somewhere in the $6k range without even addressing the rears which is where the real work is.

$6k is definitely a stretch, unless you’re referencing all new parts plus paint.

I’m easily under $2k for the front end parts, including the 2Mautowerks fenders but it did take me a while to source all of the parts used. I also took the time in finding parts in titanium silver, same as my touring to lessen the burden of having to repaint all of those panels. I have all tiag rear panels as well but the car will most likely be wrapped for a while after the body work is completed until it can get a fresh coat of titanium silver.

Love the slick top btw, she’s a beauty and looking forward to your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thought I would provide a small update.

I had the car up on some nice race scales this weekend just to get an idea where it was at.

It was 3481lbs with almost a full tank and the spare was still in there. Roof racks were also deleted. Other wise pretty empty. Its also on pretty heavy 18x8.5" X5 wheels. My Apex wheels should be on soon which should save some more. Also something that was awesome, 49%F/51%R weight distribution.

Just thought this was some good info with all of the M3 wagon swaps going on. Mine is pretty low optioned though and I think that the sunroof delete should save a decent amount as well.

I should have some new pictures soon with the roof rail delete and all clear OEM lights.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh yah forgot to add, cross weight was almost dead nuts perfect, which was pretty surprising on stock springs.
My experience has been you don’t ever want to scale a BMW. Corner weights are good, so you don’t need to adjust anything, but you now know how fat it is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well I finally finished all of my body mods! Havent updated pictures in a while, but I think it looks pretty slick now. Front lip I like, but it can come off with 3 bolts per side if I change my mind later.

So this is:

M3 Mirrors
M3 Side skirts
MTech2 Rear bumper
MTech2 Front bumper
Painted slick roof rails (had the rails for awhile but they were black)
Carbon Fiber front lip

Already had the all clear lights, LED rear tails, Xenon retrofits, etc.

Let me know what y'all think!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also wanted to add, I have put on about 26k miles daily driving this thing in 2 years. Has been awesome! Only thing that got me one time was the alternator died, but I limped it home and swapped it out. Other than that dead nuts reliable.

If you saw my other thread, I have started collecting parts for my E90 M3 wagon next!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
18x8.5 and 235s and 18x9.5s and 255s, Ill have to look up the offsets for you.

This was the absolute maximum I could go after tons of measuring on a stock body car with all M3 parts.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,345 Posts
18x8.5 and 235s and 18x9.5s and 255s, Ill have to look up the offsets for you.

This was the absolute maximum I could go after tons of measuring on a stock body car with all M3 parts.
I'd have to guess that it's ET35 on the rears. I had a square set of those but the test fit that I did looked so close that I never mounted tires on them and ended up selling them for what I had in them.

I've got a set of 18x9 ET31 on the way now, will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice and clean wagon! I also noticed you***8217;re in Houston. Any advice or suggestions on where I can have the swap done? (Don***8217;t have personal garage)

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
4,946 Posts
Nice and clean wagon! I also noticed you're in Houston. Any advice or suggestions on where I can have the swap done? (Don't have personal garage)
Hill Performance Bimmers in Austin

21 - 40 of 61 Posts