E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving toward my house and in front of me was a brand new Zo6 with two white guys in it. We evened out and he revved me up. So I smiled and downshifted. We were doing like 40 so I dropped it in second and took off. I heard him downshift and he jumped out in front of me pretty fast. Damn, that car was fast. Then we turned onto the twisties by my house and he was taking these turns like at 100 and these turns are sharp. But ya, that's my story, my first loss on my M3.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Ditto, definatley owned, but what do you expect 405 hp in a fiberglass body

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
Straight Line OR Twisties...

the Z06 wins. Most people don't realize that because BMWs handle so well. Regardless, you can't win em all. I'd still take the M3 over the Vette any day :D .

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I didn't expect to win, I knew I was going to lose. I know my stats. But I thought I would keep up a lil more. I think it woulda been closer if we went off the line.

·
Registered
507 Posts
:werd: good power and preformance for the price but everyone has a vette and the body and interior is just out of style for me and they are *******!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a straight line, but after we turned into our residential area and that is where the twisities were.

·
Registered
69 Posts
z06 are crazy fast

yea there fast as hell but they breakdown alot i think consumer report said it has a 110% chance of going back to the dealership for repairs
but it is still a crazy car

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd still take my M3

Corvettes are a dime a dozen. M3's have an inline 6 whereas the Z06 has a V8. I still look at it this way, take a corvette with a V6 and put that up against our I6. If the M4 does come out, I think you will see a closer race. Once again, rumor states that the new M4 might have a V8. It is amazing what BMW and Porsche has done with their sixes. Sorry to hear about the kill but look at it this way, our cars will still be worth something down the road a few years.

JAFO

·
Banned
620 Posts
**** z06's. They are the enemy. I intend to spend a bunch of cash on my m3 and have fun z06 hunting. Z06's can suck my balls

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
sticky2 said:
**** z06's. They are the enemy. I intend to spend a bunch of cash on my m3 and have fun z06 hunting. Z06's can suck my balls
Good luck w/ that my dad has an 02 ZO6 and so does my dads friend. My dads friend has put about 10k worth of mods into it and is doing like 530hp NA. No way is any M3 gonna beat that:sad:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You poor thing...;)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts