E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side door sill trim that sits next to the seat and attaches at the front kick panel and rear trim can slide about 1/4" back and forth.

the driver side is stiff.

What do I need to do to fix it? I think the previous owner broke something installing the Dice iPod kit.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,761 Posts
Mine slides a little too. I had nightmares about it for about 2 years, but got a prescription and I'll all good now.

Don't you have anything more serious wrong with your car? Please get xl50 and inspection mirror...I know you can do much better than this quarter inch of slide. Get to work!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=AM53&mospid=47723&hg=51

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats XL50 and inspection mirror.

I know realoem...but it doesn't show where each fastener sticks. That was one good part of my previous Nissan.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great...lollerskaters here.

should have known with a 1999 beater in their details.

:( so anyone want to really help?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,761 Posts
Bentley is good for instructions on removing trim...also there's spaghettidecoder that might help.

What's xl50? It's like Marissa, but not as bright.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I apologize? I own the Bentley but was trying to save time.

I have no idea why you are so focused on Marissa..I am assuming she / he was a troll here....get over it, I just need a solution to make my car perfect.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,761 Posts
great...lollerskaters here.

should have known with a 1999 beater in their details.

:( so anyone want to really help?
What's "lollerskaters?" Beater? Excuse me? On a track, my beater against your M, any day! You'll be looking for loose trim pieces while I hit apex after apex! Ha!

Don't ever say anything like that again about my POS bmw or I'll really have to do something about that. Do you have any fn idea of how annoying I could be if I tried? You have no idea buddy!

I'll accept a sincere apology and appropriate picture...you don't have to find one of her with a toaster, though...that's fine.

'99 beater. tsk!

Oh, and really help. I showed you the realoem page that shows all the fasteners involved. Obviously you can get to some pop rivets and then start wiggling, prying,whatever...and buy the new $1 clips you break. Learn how to assemble through dissassembly. I didn't really help? Rly?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,761 Posts
I apologize? I own the Bentley but was trying to save time.

I have no idea why you are so focused on Marissa..I am assuming she / he was a troll here....get over it, I just need a solution to make my car perfect.
You should consider the many pharmaceutical solutions available. You won't get perfect, but you can chase after it all you want. But, I'm warning you, you'll be fretting over a little sliding trim piece and the car will know it's not good enough for you and it will show you who's boss.

Marissa is no troll; furthest thing from one. If you own a Bentley, you should understand that although you might save time, you're asking others to spend the time. You've saved your time; not time. I've evidently spent too much already trying to help, since you're an index away from a solution.

Still waiting on my picture...I think it's only fair.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should consider the many pharmaceutical solutions available. You won't get perfect, but you can chase after it all you want. But, I'm warning you, you'll be fretting over a little sliding trim piece and the car will know it's not good enough for you and it will show you who's boss.

Marissa is no troll; furthest thing from one. If you own a Bentley, you should understand that although you might save time, you're asking others to spend the time. You've saved your time; not time. I've evidently spent too much already trying to help, since you're an index away from a solution.

You just proved that you have far too much time on your hands.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,761 Posts
You just proved that you have far too much time on your hands.

Thanks!
You wouldn't believe how fast I type! You had realoem and Bentley, spend your time so others don't have to waste theirs...there are people here who really need help and I give out a lot of it. My posts aren't all smilies or trolls. Just saying!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry, and I am out of here tonight. Unfortunately I don't have all your "free-time". RealOem didn't show anything exact and honestly I didn't open the Bentley yet due to Christmas this weekend.

I am sorry to disturb you, but next time I'd recommend you skip a post or two if you don't want to answer them.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Alright ... on a serious note, your issue (or the lack of) isn't something that could be diagonsed, troubleshooted or theorised upon! It can only be fixed on the spot and by visual inpection. There's nothing we can do from our end.

dmax hinted that in his typical sarcastic form but respectful. You will be surprised how much time he does put forward to help forum members on here ...

Enjoy the rest of your night.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Mine slides a little too. I had nightmares about it for about 2 years, but got a prescription and I'll all good now.

Don't you have anything more serious wrong with your car? Please get xl50 and inspection mirror...I know you can do much better than this quarter inch of slide. Get to work!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=AM53&mospid=47723&hg=51
You wouldn't believe how fast I type! You had realoem and Bentley, spend your time so others don't have to waste theirs...there are people here who really need help and I give out a lot of it. My posts aren't all smilies or trolls. Just saying!

dmax! Have you started hitting the spiked eggnog a little early this year? Strange as it sounds, but it was good to see these posts from you! I was beginning to think that either you were the Dali Llama in real life, or you logged off each night and went out in the back you're and set off homemade explosives to relieve the stress of answering some of the lamest, most illegible posts that show up on this forum, while maintaining patience well above the threshold of almost everyone else on this forum. I have seen you patiently walk through solutions from some of the stupidest, laziest, and most inept people to stumble across this site. So, seeing you lose it a little on this poor bastard is refreshing, and relieves some of my concerns for your overall mental health. :)
Whatever pharmaceuticals/alcohol combination caused this seems to have worked well, and perhaps you should share with the rest of the class! Seriously, it is good to see that you let off steam and lose patience like the rest of us, although your threshold for doing so is way above almost everyone else on this forum. The only way this could have been better (for me anyway) would be if GoingNuts was the original poster, and had been the target of this! Now, just don't sober up, and feel the need to apologize for this tomorrow, and post a 10 step solution to this guys issue. Just let it go... :woot:

@OP - seriously dude, buy some new clips, and replace them. If the tabs that hold the clips in are broken off, then buy a new trim piece. And if you want some real aggravation, open your hood, and have a good look around. You will most likely find enough to give you a stroke, if you know what to look for. Like they say, if you think everything is going well, you obviously don't know what the Hell is going on! Also, you have just caught everyone in a strange mood tonight, and dmax is practically a Saint when it comes to helping people, but I would not take this personally.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@OP - seriously dude, buy some new clips, and replace them. If the tabs that hold the clips in are broken off, then buy a new trim piece. And if you want some real aggravation, open your hood, and have a good look around. You will most likely find enough to give you a stroke, if you know what to look for. Like they say, if you think everything is going well, you obviously don't know what the Hell is going on! Also, you have just caught everyone in a strange mood tonight, and dmax is practically a Saint when it comes to helping people, but I would not take this personally.
I think you have my car mistaken with some old beater or something.

It has 27000 miles on it and was never modified. It looks like when they installed the DICE unit it's missing a clip. I reviewed my Bentley and it's not discussed. I couldn't figure it out last night. I ordered the Side Sill Clips so everything should be able to clip back in.

I guess if you want your car to rattle and have trim that's not in place it's ok...this is my daily driver so I sort of want to keep it put together properly.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.