BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just get in my car start it and the heat doesnt turn on...nothing at all the pixels aren't even working...what could it be? i have no clue whats going on with it...everything else in the car works fine

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i need this fixed asap its cold in new york

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know what fuse number it is?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have to check them tomorrow...anything else it could be

·
Registered
11 Posts
So the head and the whole console isn't working? (I'm not sure what e46 looks like) But anywho, it could be a variety of things from a bad heater core, faulty cooling system, air bubble, bad fuse,relay.. need more information before further diagnosing.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You probably need to change the setting on the dial in the middle of the two main vents. It is probably set to 3 blue dots. You need to set that to 3 red dots and you will get heat. I bet thats what it is.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You probably need to change the setting on the dial in the middle of the two main vents. It is probably set to 3 blue dots. You need to set that to 3 red dots and you will get heat. I bet thats what it is.
LOL, I'm a f'n moron. My middle vents weren't putting out heat last night but the winsheild and floor worked fine. I was like 'fcukin wtf'... I feel pretty dumb.

Blaze, thanks man. Getting cold up here...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no the console isnt even turning on

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
check the fuses all fine

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
need it fixed someone please help me!

·
Registered
123 Posts
if the fuses r ok, just try taking it out, unplug the whole thing, check the wires, plug it back in. dont rush on buying the new one, maybe its just some simple electrical problem.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
took it apart and plugged it back in still nothing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did this ever get cleared up for you? I'm having the same problem. I've checked the fuses, replaced the relay and now have replaced the entire unit... nothing has worked so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts