BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dang thing wont start. have the car a year and a half and this is the first time needing something fixed. Roadside assistance is pickin it up in the morning. I wonder wut the hell it could be. Battery is fine.....everything turns on and it trys to start ..but it just dont turn over....:dunno:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
That sux man.

When I start mine, and the engine's cold, it will cut off and I have to start it again. When I give it a little gas when I start it up, it wont cut off.....I hope it wont lead to what you have.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
I think its your battery. It's probably weak. On my explorer, all the stuff worked and lights lite up, but there was just not enough power to start the car. Hook it up with another car to jump start it and see if the alternator is able to charge up your battery or not. If not its time for a new battery, which i think is covered under warrenty.

·
Registered
254 Posts
the same thing happened to me.....on the red battery terminal there is 2 cables....when i accelerated fast it made my battery slip back which made cable was loose....juss try pushing the cable back into its hole...hope that helps......

·
Registered
880 Posts
TeKNiC330 said:
I think its your battery. It's probably weak. On my explorer, all the stuff worked and lights lite up, but there was just not enough power to start the car. Hook it up with another car to jump start it and see if the alternator is able to charge up your battery or not. If not its time for a new battery, which i think is covered under warrenty.
I agree. I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I haven't driven my car for over 3 weeks and my battery was week. I had to jump it and it's fine now. All lights lit up, but not enough to start.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guess ill try and jump it in the morning. But i think the battery is ok. It comes really close to starting but just doesnt turn over. tried givin it some gas. i know on my last car whenever the battery went all i would here is a clicking noise when i tried to start.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yea smae thing happend to me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts