BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well we are in the parking lot after i install the shift knob and then i put it throught all the gears and it goes fine with out putting the clutch in.

but the car still needs the clutch to start..
is it because the shift knob is heavy aka weighted so then.. i dunno.

IS his car alright? i just dont get it some help needed

·
Registered
95 Posts
Was the car On or OFF? If it was off, you can shift in there regardless of having the clutch in or not. If it was on and it was going in, you gotta problem.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
With the car on, you can shift up and down without using the clutch if you get you rev matching perfectly. I don't do it often, but I go between 3 and 4 now and then, but whatever you do don't force it!

·
Registered
348 Posts
shizat63 said:
Most people don't set too high of a goal and miss.... They set too low of a goal and hit
I love the caption over your sig. My moms told me that all the time in my teenage and younger years, and for her and that saying I've overcome alot of odds and doutes from poeple to get where I am today. Because I set my goals so high and people say I can't and wont make them (screw them) I did them all and then some.

But I'm still setting high goals for myself, cause I'm never satisfied with anything and I never stop trying if I fail the first time.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
CHiPZ said:
I love the caption over your sig. My moms told me that all the time in my teenage and younger years, and for her and that saying I've overcome alot of odds and doutes from poeple to get where I am today. Because I set my goals so high and people say I can't and wont make them (screw them) I did them all and then some.

But I'm still setting high goals for myself, cause I'm never satisfied with anything and I never stop trying if I fail the first time.
Here's another one: Under-promise and over-deliver.

If you deliver past the deadline, you look like an ass. But if you pad your time and you come in faster or better than expected, you are the man. Kinda obvious, but some people forget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts