BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways comig home from exams this morning, I pull up to the stop light and my friend in a blue mustang(with headers, straight piped exhaust, intake, etc...) also pulls up in other lane....this is pretty crownedsteet but no cops, so he starts rolling back and forth and we smile at each other so I decided to turn off my AC, turn off traction control, roll up windows, and then wait (damn we waited forever)!

So then the light turns green, I launch at about 2900, not much but he starts spinning his tires and I had already taken off, when i was shifting into second he was pulling on me like nobody's business.....but then I start to smile because i see a few slight twistes coming up and I know his car can't handle worth sh!t. we are still going and we are about neck and neck and just as he pulls slightly ahead he started braking for curve turn and I keep going then I take the turn no problem while down shifing and from there the the race was mine...When I finally won i start braking and he kept going and flew past me at like 95 thinknig he won ....I HATE THAT!!!

We also did another rolling start one from like going about 55 crusing i dshift into third but he was faster on that cause i wasn't really paying attention..plus i had my girl in car toooo she was getting really pissed :banghead: at me....oh well...it was fun...DON't Street RAce.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's awesome...
What year was the Mustang??
E46's RuLE~!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also can't stress how much I need an M3 ...God I want one sooooo bad...I have conned my Dad into getting one so I will basically steal that and give him my 323ci..

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its like a 2000

·
Crazy Boy
1,370 Posts
srn1985 said:
I also can't stress how much I need an M3 ...God I want one sooooo bad...I have conned my Dad into getting one so I will basically steal that and give him my 323ci..
switch emblems!:thumbup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PRETTY CROWNDED MEANING WITH COPS....NO COPS THE STREET IN GENERAL WITH OTHER CARS IS PRETTY SCARE AND THIS WAS THE MORNING SO IT WAS OK....YES STREET RACE BAD.....BUT LIVE A LITTLE

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TRACTION GIVES YOU HELL WHEN LAUNCHING

·
frequent tire purchaser
668 Posts
I've taken several older V8 4.6 Mustangs on the freeway and was even with a 2000 GT from a stop through third, then he pulled pretty hard. Most people don't know how to drive.... and that's what it's all about.:D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very true, I don't have any preformance mods yet...ordering injen intake soon though....but its hard to believe you have taken camaros those things haul mad ass!!!

·
Europrojektz NW
989 Posts
Its not fun racing on straightaways that much anymore, try racing faster cars on turns w/ UUC Sways and new shocks then you'll see how fun a e46 is. You just feel the car can turn way faster than the other car...oh my... :dunno:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I've taken a V6 fireberd, same damn place I took the V6 mustang, I'm just assuming the two share the same V6 formula engine. All I got is a ecis intake, old style uuc muffler and shark injected. Then figure what my stereo system takes away from all the unwieldly frightening power I gained....I'm probably back to slightly better than stock numbers :lmao:

·
Registered
309 Posts
wait wait wait,

you turned off the aircondition and then rolled up your windows?

what the hell were you doing with your AC on and your windows down?

anyways, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the AC?

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you obvisouly have never cruised in florida....windows down it is still hot air blowing in your face...AC comes into play to cool off...and trust me you still feel the cold air it doesn't just fly out window....I always ride like that..:):):)

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
Re: Re: My fist good street race with V6 mustang.....

BAVARIAN323i said:

turn off AC! I'm jealous, we're covered in ice up here

Why do you turn off the DSC when racing? Don't see the logic...you turn off the traction when your about to drive like a maniac?:banghead: :tsk:

yeah if you race with traction DSC on it will cut off your launch and cut off your full possible full thottle racing power abilities! it took me a while to learn that one too! especially when i was at my first autox and didnt know that i had to turn DSC off hehe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts