BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It felt like I was milking a cow !!:lmao: Ok in all seriousness the shifter is just really long. I know with euro cars they are light effort and smooth which it is but man the throws are long and so far !! Maybe im the last person to criticize since my ZF in the vette is like a workout and the MGW in my Maro was extremely tight and notchy. I kind if liked it though it feels very precise.

Looks Like after leaving a deposit I know what my first mod is :D I believe it's UUC or something? whats up with that rod option too is that necessary?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
No experience with UUC here. However, the AutoSolutions kit has been hailed as the kit to have for this car. It replaces the rod, carrier, has poly bushings, etc. There's currently a group buy on M3Forum.net.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks I found the group buy. I thought the uuc was hailed as the best one. Their site lists some cool info and comparison stuff.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive read quite a few shifter options are available. Isnt there one from a z3 or z4 available and its like $60? Someone mind listing all the popular brands? I just jumped into the bimmer world after having a vette for 13 years so its like starting all over again lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ive read quite a few shifter options are available. Isnt there one from a z3 or z4 available and its like $60? Someone mind listing all the popular brands? I just jumped into the bimmer world after having a vette for 13 years so its like starting all over again lol
I think you're speaking of the 330d shifter. It's definitely a cheaper alternative. I think the major issue with the shifters we have are the bushings.

·
Registered
125 Posts
5ABIVT,
I installed the OEM 330D lever and associated hardware and I absolutely love it. Check out my post here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=800247&highlight=

Hope this helps. This was a relatively inexpensive option as compared to many of the brand name options and I have absolutely no complaints about it.

Christopher

·
Registered
765 Posts
The shifter out of the Z4 is the shortest BMW has. I like the short throw I have in mine. After changing out the stock M knob (which is huge) to the shorter ZHP one its perfect.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think you're speaking of the 330d shifter. It's definitely a cheaper alternative. I think the major issue with the shifters we have are the bushings.
I have this and it's ok.

I'd recommend doing it right and going with autosolutions

·
Registered
81 Posts
Stock shifter is like shifting an 18 wheeler rig

Couldn't wait to get rid of the stock broom stick shifter when I first got my M3 Vert. Replaced it with the SSK from Rogue Engineering and illuminated chrome shift knob from Bimmian.com (http://www.bimmian.com/46/ISK/). Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a cool knob. I like the illuminated knob so that's something I'll be keeping for sure. I like the stock BMW options but the kits are like $150ish and that's halfway to the uuc v3. More than likely I'll go the uuc route.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts