BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking to buy my first e46, and car in general to be honest, so go easy on me:eek:

So i've been looking at buying this 2001 320i E46 for about $11,000AUD (will attach photos at end) and i have an idea of what i would like it to look like (also will attach photo)

Now i need some advice on how easy this would be and an aprox. cost. I'm new to BMW's and are only just starting to learn about the models and all that, but its to my understanding that most 2001 E46's are pretty much the same in visual, and just depending on the badge (320i,318i ect.) changes the engine and some features ? please correct me if im wrong. But with this knowlege i would think my little project would be do-able ? please someone give me some nice advice to set me on my path :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome and hi, I am also a newcomer to this site and have owned a e46 for a year now. Bought it pretty much standard and have now installed Adjustable suspension, Fully tinted windows and Aftermarket wheels. It cost be around NZD$2500, but saying that I did all the work except for tints myself ;) Saved hell of a alot that way.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=894680

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and hi, I am also a newcomer to this site and have owned a e46 for a year now. Bought it pretty much standard and have now installed Adjustable suspension, Fully tinted windows and Aftermarket wheels. It cost be around NZD$2500, but saying that I did all the work except for tints myself ;) Saved hell of a alot that way.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=894680
Mate that looks awsome, im in New Zealand at the moment, which part are you in ? might see you crusing around :woot:

Curious on how much you've lowered it with the adjustible suspention ?
and does it slide well.. ? :bump:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haha, thanks I'm in pakuranga, I haven't really measured it up but you can probably tell from the pictures that when I bought it, it was pretty much a monster truck!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, thanks I'm in pakuranga, I haven't really measured it up but you can probably tell from the pictures that when I bought it, it was pretty much a monster truck!!
okay, im in Whangarei, i've noticed a few 318i's here, but back on topic..
did you buy your parts online ? if so where ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup, bought the adjustables from the STD website, halos from umnitza.com and the wheels from eBay. You planning to do it yourself or get it done?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, bought the adjustables from the STD website, halos from umnitza.com and the wheels from eBay. You planning to do it yourself or get it done?
i plan on doing some of the things myself but getting most the difficult stuff done profesionally.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also have you thought of putting rather wide rear wheels on ? i was thinking of putting some 10" on the back if possible, will have to do a bit of reaseach with fender rolling and such to see if i can even make them fit.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
also have you thought of putting rather wide rear wheels on ? i was thinking of putting some 10" on the back if possible, will have to do a bit of reaseach with fender rolling and such to see if i can even make them fit.
Hey mate, did you know we have a Aussie sub section here?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Anyway check out [email protected] who is a local site sponsor and sells aftermarket wheels. He also has a wide range of other products for the e46s.

There are a few locals who are selling their rides and maybe one will suit your needs :thumbup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, you could do! I didn't want to spend too much money so these were my best bet. You could go for Bbs lm's or something like that. To be honest Aussie and Nz have a shit range of mags compared to the guys in states and all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts