BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello E46Fanatics! This is my first thread on E46F, and am very excited to say, that after well over 6-months of searching for my first car, I have settled on an this beautiful Titanium Silver 2003 BMW M3 SMG. I purchased her just under 2-months ago now. When I got her, she had just a tick over 77k miles, now she's just about to hit 80k. I have listed all the info about my car below.

IMG_6486 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

I am excited to be an active member, and hope you all understand that even though this is my first car, I have nothing but respect, love, and care for my M3. I will not be one of the "know it all", bad attitude teens like others on this site with M3's as their first car. So please, be kind to me and I will be kind to you!

-----------------------------------

Car Information:

- 2003 BMW M3
- SMG Transmission
- Currently 79,295 Miles (purchased with 77,123 miles)
- Titanium Silver Exterior Color
- Black Leather Interior
- Avant Garde M310 19" Black Wheels
- H&R Wheel Spacers Front/Rear (not sure on size)
- 15" Subwoofer, 1,300 Watts of JL Amps, with Custom ///M Box
- Black Kidney & Black Side Grilles, Black Rear ///M Badge
- City Vision Lighting Angel Eyes
- Clear Corner Turn Signals

- Purchased for a pretty penny under $13,000.

My car does carry a salvage title. Was in an accident when she had about 20k miles, had been repaired by BMW with well over $8,000 in receipts (mostly suspension/body damage). It was hit on the passenger rear and broke the rear right suspension. Original owner decided to replace all the suspension on the vehicle. Car has absolutely no frame/engine/airbag damage and now, over 40,000 miles later, she runs as good as new!

Since owning the car, I have had 2 issues. The first was after about a month of owning it, the SES light came on, and I had it inspected by BMW. I had the DM-TL pump replaced as it was faulty and leaking. Then about four days ago I was driving and the battery light came on, then nearly immediately all my warning lights (and I mean ALL) came on at once. I pulled over, turned the car off and tried to turn it back on, and it wouldn't start. After being stranded for nearly 7 hours, trying to resolve the problem on my own, I deduced it was the alternator and had it towed to the local indy shop. They replaced the alternator and now she runs as good as ever!

After owning the car for nearly two months, I have absolutely fell in love. I plan to gradually add more and more mods to her and I can't wait!

Upcoming Mods List:

- Back to Stock Headlight Trim & Smoked Corner Turn Signals Instead of Clear
- Tein Lowering Springs, eventually KW2 Coilovers
- ZCP Alcantera Steering Wheel (always loved the BMW alcantera wheels)
- LED Taillight Retrofit
- Misc. Interior Parts (alcantera shift/e-brake boots, etc.)
- CSL Replica Bootlid
- Active Autowerk Exhaust
- Misc. Other Performance Parts (K&N filter, Shark Injector, etc.)
- And finally, in about 5 years, I would love to be apart of the Supercharged E46 crew!

Pictures:

IMG_6465 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6492 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6456 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6504 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6505 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6550 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6531 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6541 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

IMG_6559 by Dylan Cole Photo, on Flickr

Thank you guys for reading my post, hope you guys enjoy. Let me know your thoughts/opinions, I'd love to hear what you guys think! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congrats on the first car, wish I got my M as my first car lmao. Treat it well, maint first, mod second and read all the information you can. :thumbsup:

and very nice photography work.
Thank you sir! Yes maintenance is the number one priority, those mods aren't even going to be started for probably a year. An E46 M3 is 10 years old now, so I'm sure they'll be more and more popular as a first car. But yes, I'm very lucky and happy to have one as mine!

And I've been learning all I can in the past 6 months and will continue to! I really love the car, and ill always treat it as my baby!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
clean car for the miles. take care of her! I got my first M3 at a very young age and over time learned to respect the car and its capabilities.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My evil, jealous side wants to come out and make me feel bad about the fact that someone three years younger than me gets an M3 as a first car while I get a nearly 200k mile 323i, but I see you are a professional motorcross photographer (with the skills to prove it), thus implying to me that you work very hard for someone your age :bow: , and your posts show how much more mature you are than 90% of other people under the age of 20. Congratulations on the M3, you have a very clean ride on your hands! ;) I cannot wait to see what you do with it :thumbsup:

P.S. - I see you're in San Jose, any chance you might be going to San Jose State University after high school?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
WTF!!!! My first car was a $500 '78 Buick Regal. My parents hate me. :cry:
Dude a '78 Regal sounds like a total pimp first car! Haha

clean car for the miles. take care of her! I got my first M3 at a very young age and over time learned to respect the car and its capabilities.
I will! Yes, she is definitely more car than I need at my age, but I definitely respect the M3's capabilities. She's my baby, and I'll never be one of those hooligans that beat their first car to death.

My evil, jealous side wants to come out and make me feel bad about the fact that someone three years younger than me gets an M3 as a first car while I get a nearly 200k mile 323i, but I see you are a professional motorcross photographer (with the skills to prove it), thus implying to me that you work very hard for someone your age :bow: , and your posts show how much more mature you are than 90% of other people under the age of 20. Congratulations on the M3, you have a very clean ride on your hands! ;) I cannot wait to see what you do with it :thumbsup:

P.S. - I see you're in San Jose, any chance you might be going to San Jose State University after high school?
Thank you so much for the kind words! I appreciate that you understand and can see the type of person I am, instead of going straight to the typical forum bashing :bow: Again, thank you for the kind post, makes me feel very welcome to the E46 community!

And as of now, I still have my senior year of high school coming up, so I haven't put in too much thought about where I'll be attending after. Most likely I'll be attending Cabrillo College in Santa Cruz as it is actually closer to me than San Jose. But I will most likely be transferring from Cabrillo to somewhere when I have enough money to move out.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You seem like a good guy, congrats on getting the car of your dreams. I was lucky like you and purchased my M3 at 17 as well. Im currently 19 and still love every second I spend with her. Cant wait to see how she looks after the mods start pouring in.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
WTF!!!! My first car was a $500 '78 Buick Regal. My parents hate me. :cry:

no my parents hate me more.. Chevy Chevette $800 which I had to pay them back. It was suppose to be white but was an off grey due to the non-washing of previous owner.

@OP congrats M3 is a joy to drive. Don't show off and obey the speed limit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the community we all try to help each other enjoy
By the way is a beauty enjoy and be safe .

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
nice car, also nice pics... I would suggest removing that junk from your trunk... If your going for alot of sound you can make more noice with 2 oval 8's in the rear ski bag spot. and you will sill have your entire trunk... BMW trunks are very well insulated. My friend has a e46 and owns a audio shop, he has tested many differnt set-up and when i talked to him about adding a 15 to my two 12's in my trunk he laughed at me and said if i do it his will still be louder. Since then i have removed my 12's and plan to do a set up like his soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts