BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive posted these in my local area forum thread as well, but since its all about photography, i thought id share with you all to see what you think. I do this as a hobby for the most part, but im tryin to put my name out there and get a couple of paying gigs. being this was my first "professional" shoot, i didnt want to charge too much and scare the guy away, but at the same time, i didnt want to undersell myself. Either way, didnt turn out how i would have wanted it to, but sometimes thats just how things go. So instead, the shots will be considered promotional use to get my name out and hopefully people will hire me!

I've been a pretty avid car guy (as im sure most of you are) for a long time now, and ive played with the photography thing for about 10-12 years, but only gotten serious about it in the last 3-4. Hope you like the shots!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great shots but is it me or are half the middle pictures out of focus slightly.
yea a couple of the actions shots are slightly out of focus, but those were the best of the 20 or so i took. i was riding in the open trunk of another guys car trying to get slow shutter-speed shots, but the parking garage was really bumpy, it was hard to keep the car in focus.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow love that car. Just what I want as well. Love it and the BBS. I don't care if I get ALL the CF but yeah.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are you saying you and the client didn't come to a paying agreement?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nice!

only gripe is the dayum inspection sticker is crooked. Every time I get mine inspected, I make sure dude gets in on the window straight. pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
*snip*
How'd you do this on photoshop? I like it alot.
I actually use Aperture, but it doesnt matter, as the edit is actually straight from the camera. I've got a sony dsc-h50/b and there's a feature in the edit menu called "radial blur." pick a center point and it blurs the surrounding area while keeping the chosen center in focus. kinda looks like crazy tunnel vision when you up the level.

after that, just standard editing in aperture; vignette, polarize, sharpen up some spots, and borderFX

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Are you saying you and the client didn't come to a paying agreement?
yea, unfortunately.

Nice shots! A polarizing filter would've done wonders on a couple shots, IMO.
definitely agree! i was looking into some last time i was at best buy, but i was in a rush, and i only briefly got the chance to look at them. didnt see if any were compatible with my camera though, but def on my list of things to get.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts