E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if you e46fanatics guys are interested in this but here it is...


Well, as you guys know I was the first to get the Eisenmann quad exhaust system in the U.S. I arranged this through John, the owner of Eisenhaus, who had the quad system sent to me before it was officially introduced.

There had been many problems with the quad exhaust I had received, but I had not said anything negative on the forums, because I wanted to give Eisenhaus a chance to fix these problems. Customer service couldn’t help me, so I left a message, and waited about 3 weeks before someone with enough authority to help finally got back to me. I expected help and mutual cooperation, but I was shocked to hear what this guy said to me. Instead of offering solutions to the fitment problems I had, he insulted me by questioning my technical abilities. He told me that had I taken the exhaust system to a muffler shop, they would have installed it properly. I own machine shop and manufacture precision parts; yet, I need the expertise of a muffler guy to properly cut the stock exhaust and bolt on the Eisenmann system? Seriously, with the few modifications I had to make—since Eisenmann did not design this perfectly—the overall installation was easier to do than removing the amber plastic piece from the sealed headlights I disassembled.

Now I feel obligated to tell you about my overall experience with Eisenmann.


First, I received my exhaust system with black soot on it. As soon as I noticed this, I immediately took pictures and emailed them to Eisenmann. Instead of an apology, their response was " don’t worry, that exhaust will get black over time.” I paid for a new exhaust system, not a used one. Nonetheless, I started the installation.







Second, during my installation I found out that the extra tip mounting point required a spacer (not included) to make it sit properly. I couldn’t go to the hardware store to buy a washer so I got creative and cut one of my sockets (I checked and double checked the box but found nothing).









I finally got the exhaust on and did a video clip. This video was the first one I did following the installation. You can see that one side is blowing out way more then the other side. Imagine how this would look on a cold or foggy night. Damn. I didn’t post this video clip weeks ago, because I wanted to give Eisenmann a chance to fix this shortcoming. Obviously, they have no desire to fix this.

http://livedigital.com/content/339741/u18649
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,253 Posts
1st: You got the first exhaust in the country, welcome to the world of BETA TESTING.

2nd: ANY quad exhaust will not work right on your car since it is not the same left to right as in a 540 or an M3.

I'm sorry you had problems but I can't give you any sympathy. There are very few aftermarket exhausts that will fit 100% perfectly like OEM. Add the fact that you're running a quad setup and your issues are compunded.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
vmwerks said:
1st: You got the first exhaust in the country, welcome to the world of BETA TESTING.

2nd: ANY quad exhaust will not work right on your car since it is not the same left to right as in a 540 or an M3.

I'm sorry you had problems but I can't give you any sympathy. There are very few aftermarket exhausts that will fit 100% perfectly like OEM. Add the fact that you're running a quad setup and your issues are compunded.
1st....yes i did get the 1st quads in the US. i notify them immediately and told them the problems. i guess you could say i was helping them out. i finally got a called from john 3 weeks later and his response was " i should have taken it to a muffler shop to do the install, they would have installed it right". this exhaust system is bolt on. how hard could it be. i used all the oem hanger and just bolted this sucker on.

2nd..wtf??? really? i doubt that. if it s doesnt work properly, then why is so many exhaust company selling quads?? they dont work properly and stil sell them?


i am not asking for your sympathy. i just wanted to show waht kind of company they are. thanks for reading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
That sucks.
Not sure about Eisenmann but I saw remus quad in person and that exhaust is sick, looks nice and sounds nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
vmwerks said:
1st: You got the first exhaust in the country, welcome to the world of BETA TESTING.

2nd: ANY quad exhaust will not work right on your car since it is not the same left to right as in a 540 or an M3.

I'm sorry you had problems but I can't give you any sympathy. There are very few aftermarket exhausts that will fit 100% perfectly like OEM. Add the fact that you're running a quad setup and your issues are compunded.
Is this how you deal with your customers? I would think that a company that manufactures exhaust systems would do their own beta testing. Why should a paying customer do product testing for a manufacturer? It either fits or it doesn't.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
lol you're complaining about black soot on the inside of an exhaust, and a missing spacer?!

Sorry, no sympathy for you. The staff at Eisenhaus are easily some of the best people to deal with hands down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,253 Posts
punchesdfw said:
Is this how you deal with your customers? I would think that a company that manufactures exhaust systems would do their own beta testing. Why should a paying customer do product testing for a manufacturer? It either fits or it doesn't.
He bought the unit KNOWING it was the first. I have personally installed hundreds of aftermarket exhausts and they RARELY fit right out of the box. We always have to coax them into alignment just a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,253 Posts
longtran said:
2nd..wtf??? really? i doubt that. if it s doesnt work properly, then why is so many exhaust company selling quads?? they dont work properly and stil sell them?
I think you misunderstood, I was not being clear enough. If you look at FACTORY quad exhausts they are the same side to side. When you retrofit a quad and the path to BOTH tips are not exactly the same it will do what you described.

IMO you could have been treated more fairly.
 

·
Site Sponsor
Joined
·
18,413 Posts
I'm sorry, I've been on the forums for way more than I guess I should be.
And I've grown tired of these type of posts....

No, you guys didn't read this right, not LongTran's post, his post is on the money - he's not happy, he wants it known, but all of the "hanger's on" that want to jump in and say:

"XXX Vendor didn't do right by me"
or
"XXX Vendor is the best, I love them"

Longtran has a beef, Eisenhaus needs to answer this. No one else needs to jump in and either escalate or attempt to calm this.

Let the vendor that is response handle this WITH the customer (if it is in private or public) then let the others decide (without giving their .02) whether it was or wasn't right.

People should voice their concerns and vendors should respond to those concerns. But the addition of other "voices" only dilutes the vendor's and customer's situation.

My .02 <-- I do however hope this becomes the ongoing trend...
Customer voices concern.
Vendor responds.
Customer responds.
A resolution or lack thereof is reached.
Issues finished (good, bad, ugly) that's it.

It's over, we all decide based on the exchange between vendor and customer ONLY what WE as consumers AND vendors would do the same or different.

This is neither a defense nor admonishment of Eisenhaus (as I have confidence in general from all the vendors in general will try to do the right thing to the best of their ability), more of a plea for all of the typical junk to stay out (good and bad):)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
umnitza said:
I'm sorry, I've been on the forums for way more than I guess I should be.
And I've grown tired of these type of posts....

No, you guys didn't read this right, not LongTran's post, his post is on the money - he's not happy, he wants it known, but all of the "hanger's on" that want to jump in and say:

"XXX Vendor didn't do right by me"
or
"XXX Vendor is the best, I love them"

Longtran has a beef, Eisenhaus needs to answer this. No one else needs to jump in and either escalate or attempt to calm this.

Let the vendor that is response handle this WITH the customer (if it is in private or public) then let the others decide (without giving their .02) whether it was or wasn't right.

People should voice their concerns and vendors should respond to those concerns. But the addition of other "voices" only dilutes the vendor's and customer's situation.

My .02 <-- I do however hope this becomes the ongoing trend...
Customer voices concern.
Vendor responds.
Customer responds.
A resolution or lack thereof is reached.
Issues finished (good, bad, ugly) that's it.

It's over, we all decide based on the exchange between vendor and customer ONLY what WE as consumers AND vendors would do the same or different.

This is neither a defense nor admonishment of Eisenhaus (as I have confidence in general from all the vendors in general will try to do the right thing to the best of their ability), more of a plea for all of the typical junk to stay out (good and bad):)
:werd: What he said! ^^^^
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
Here my post from E90post.com

Members of E90post there is two sides to every story. Don't jump to conclusion until you hear both sides. Members of this board should know the truth! Long was trying to "blackmail" Eisenhaus and that is something we will never allow to happen! We gave Long a "Sponsored" price on his quad exhaust and that was not enough for him. After he sent us an email complaining about the Paint inside the tips. We were more than happy to take the exhaust back and work with him on another system however Long did not want to give the quad system back because he stated that he was "Happy with the system" however he wanted more of money off the system or else he would post a negative thread about us on E90post. Eisenhaus will not put up with blackmail and Long you can post threads all over the internet. If Long was looking for a free exhaust he picked the wrong company. He could have sent the exhaust back to us anytime. Many of the members of this board have meet me in person and know that I am anything but shady.

Cheers,
Ryan


And here is a member of e90post

ChiTown said:
THIS IS GOING TO START A WAR
I will be more than happy to confirm that Ryan talked to me about this when we were together while my Eisennman system was being installed.
I would sign a sworn legal paper, or take a polygraph for the following statement. I have no connection to Eisennman at all. But this whole thing stinks like fish.
When I met Ryan we talked about a bunch of BMW related stuff and I mentioned how I bought the PMB and liked it alot. He was very careful at first feeling me out to see what I thought of longtran. I told him that my business with him had worked out fine and really had no problem with him at all. He continued to feel me out seeing if I was one of those guys around here that "wants to be like long", or one of the many longtran "groupie's".
I could sense there was something bothering him, and I assured him that I'm a very freethinker, and while I respected the PMB work that long had did, overall I had no reason to put him on any pedestal.

Well, finally Ryan just came out and said " longtran is trying to blackmail us"
I was shocked. Not surprised though. Not because I knew long, but I've seen this kind of behavior before.
Anyways, he was very concerned, and asked me what he should do.
He explained to me that long had complained about the tips not being inscribed with "Eisennman" logo, like the other exhaust, and wanted all his money back, AND to keep the exhaust or he was going to trash Eisennman on the forums.
Ryan told me this weeks ago.
I told Ryan, **** that, offer him all his money back plus the cost of install so he has nothing to complain about, if he sent back his exhaust. Ryan told me about conversations he personally had with long about this topic.
I also told Ryan to talk to Jason or Mark about this, and as far as I know he has. I can't wait for them to come in.

Longtran is full of ****, and doing just what he said he would do if he didn't get his money back , and keep the exhaust. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
Long is a smart guy, no doubt so he's setting this up real good.
I asked Ryan about what was happening with this when I saw him at autocross last week. He said they offered him his money back but he wanted to keep the exhaust. He also said he spoke with Jason about this......... where are you at? You know this is BS too.

DON'T JUMP ON LONG'S BANDWAGON. EISENHAUS IS GOOD PEOPLE. THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH RYAN, JUST BECAUSE SOME SHADY GUY SAYS SO.
WHY WOULD EISENNMAN PURPOSELY PISS OFF A "POPULAR" E90POST CUSTOMER. LONGTRAN IS USING HIS POPULARITY FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL GAIN, AND I KNOW THIS FIRST HAND. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS EXCEPT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT, AND RYAN IS A STAND UP GUY. I'VE BEEN AROUND HERE LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU ALL TO KNOW ME TOO.
WHAT'S RIGHT IS RIGHT, AND LONGTRAN IS NOT RIGHT IN USING HIS POPULARITY LIKE THIS.
SIGNED, AND SWORN ON MY MOTHER

JOSEPH FINN

And btw that is not "black scoot" in your exhaust tips. The inside of every Eisenmann exhaust is painted black your system is just like every Eisenmann exhaust sold in the World.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
Post made by Long on E90post-

Originally Posted by longtran
this is just my opinion. yea, it does sound like blakmail, but i just wanted let you guys know about my situation.


mmmmm :read:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
ChiTown said:
Yes, a customer does have that right, but when they try and use a forum to get all there money back and keep the exhaust it becomes blackmail.
The reason we're here is not because of Eisenhaus's refusal to support their product, it's because they refused to be blackmailed by longtran. He threatened to trash here them if they didn't do what he wanted. That's blackmail, and not right. Like I said, I never has any problem with long, i bought he stuff too, but when he did this ****, I can't sit back and let him without saying what I know

:read:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RYANM330CI said:
Here my post from E90post.com

Members of E90post there is two sides to every story. Don't jump to conclusion until you hear both sides. Members of this board should know the truth! Long was trying to "blackmail" Eisenhaus and that is something we will never allow to happen! We gave Long a "Sponsored" price on his quad exhaust and that was not enough for him. After he sent us an email complaining about the Paint inside the tips. We were more than happy to take the exhaust back and work with him on another system however Long did not want to give the quad system back because he stated that he was "Happy with the system" however he wanted more of money off the system or else he would post a negative thread about us on E90post. Eisenhaus will not put up with blackmail and Long you can post threads all over the internet. If Long was looking for a free exhaust he picked the wrong company. He could have sent the exhaust back to us anytime. Many of the members of this board have meet me in person and know that I am anything but shady.

Cheers,
Ryan


And here is a member of e90post




And btw that is not "black scoot" in your exhaust tips. The inside of every Eisenmann exhaust is painted black your system is just like every Eisenmann exhaust sold in the World.
that is the only one guy that agree with you...dont forget to post what others had to say about eisenhaus as well.

click here for whats going on...http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21388
 

·
Resident CF Whore
Joined
·
2,714 Posts
longtran said:
that is the only one guy that agree with you...dont forget to post what others had to say about eisenhaus as well.

click here for whats going on...http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21388
What others say about Eisenhaus seem just to be pages of people jumping on the bandwagon rather than people with actual experiences so it's just people spouting their mouth off with something they don't know about. Not to mention... they definitely don't seem to know what they're saying since so many of them keep confusing Eisenmann and Eisenhaus.

Ryan has always done good by me and has always answered my questions promptly.
I have a titanium section 1 and muffler and steel section 2 and their products are great too.
Most of my stuff was ordered through Lucent Motors and drop shipped by Eisenhaus which arrived very promptly and was well-packaged.
It's true what they say about aftermarket exhausts though... you always gotta kinda fiddle with them a bit to get them just right.
And I've been through several... Dinan... Eisenmann race... and now the titanium meisterschaft.
And as for the exhaust... of course both tips won't have exhaust gas coming out from the tips at the same time... the exhaust routing is longer on one side than the other.
I would think that's simple logic.

However... I do agree with the point that products should be tested (at least for the most part) by the company before selling and should have provided the spacer nonetheless.
Or it'll turn out like that horrible Rotora fiasco that was on M3forum.
But, you knew full well you were getting the first system and you did get sponsorship pricing from the company... so I think that makes up for the things you are complaining about (except i still think the spacer should've been provided... as meager as it sounds).
I didn't see you stating any of that information...
This is why people should really learn both sides first before saying "you suck" because all you'll, for the most part, get is one-sided info from the thread-starter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Well I'm glad you got a used exhaust system Longtran.

Serves you right cause you sell false goods...and so Karma is a [email protected]#^

That's what you get for selling someone 35 profile tires when they were supposed to be 30 profile.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
Well I'm glad you got a used exhaust system Longtran.

Serves you right cause you sell false goods...and so Karma is a [email protected]#^

That's what you get for selling someone 35 profile tires when they were supposed to be 30 profile.

??? :dunno:



Btw we sent Long another quad system and the problem has been solved. When we got the used system back I installed the system to see what the problem was and it fit perfect...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top