BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today wa pretty hot, dash said 100 degrees here in so cal and ive been having some heating issues with my car. My E.T. starte leaking shortly after i bought it, dealer wants a **** load to fix it... i have been keeping it full but tonight i was driving and my heat started to climb and climb... well i tried to get home as quicly as possible and as i was getting close to home the oil light came on and then quicly turned red as is it started to make a ratteling noise.. and then died on me.... i was able to walk home and grab a few quarts of mobile 1 full sythentic oil (which i have been useing in the car... i dont know what to do.... the thing sounds like a diesel when i start it now... whats wrong with this thing? and what can i do??

i want to get rid of this thing and get a newer M3 with much less miles....

·
Registered
562 Posts
You neglected to do regular and preventative maintenance because you're too cheap... Then your car overheats... then you KEEP driving it while it's overheating... then you complain... THEN you want an M3? Wow. :facepalm:

Buy a Honda n00b

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
:tsk:

maintenance man. The cooling system on our cars are probably up there with the most common problems with our cars. I am on my 3rd expansion tank! and when that starts leaking your best to but one ASAP because these things explode trust me.

come on man this is common scence with maintenance. If you have one problem best is to fix it before it causes another. This is a BMW. They require care.

·
Registered
670 Posts
:tsk:

maintenance man. The cooling system on our cars are probably up there with the most common problems with our cars. I am on my 3rd expansion tank! and when that starts leaking your best to but one ASAP because these things explode trust me.

come on man this is common scence with maintenance. If you have one problem best is to fix it before it causes another. This is a BMW. They require care.
Keep hearing about expansion tanks. My 330Xi has 240,000 KM on it and other than normal maintenance items, is still running original cooling system. Expansion tank still holding out nicely!.

But letting these cars (any car with an aluminum block for that matter) overheat is deadly!!! Fastest way to ruin an engine!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Keep hearing about expansion tanks. My 330Xi has 240,000 KM on it and other than normal maintenance items, is still running original cooling system. Expansion tank still holding out nicely!.

But letting these cars (any car with an aluminum block for that matter) overheat is deadly!!! Fastest way to ruin an engine!!!
you got luck of the draw my man haha. besides that my cars been fine (112k). keep an eye on that expansion tank though. weather seems to have quite an effect on them. going from hot/cold temps. they always crack on the corners. last one I had just out of the blue after winter BAM! could hear the coolant splash on the pavement like a hose turned on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You neglected to do regular and preventative maintenance because you're too cheap... Then your car overheats... then you KEEP driving it while it's overheating... then you complain... THEN you want an M3? Wow. :facepalm:

Buy a Honda n00b
thats why you get a car with lower miles that has a damn warrenty so when shit like this goes south you drive it to the deal and say fix it instead of them fixing you up with a nice large bill... so suck it homeboy

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

+1 160,000+ miles on mine, NP yet....but i have replaced some hoses and stuff.

·
Premium Member
20,690 Posts
:

Buy a Honda n00b
didnt read it, but really is that what he wrote. :facepalm:

:rofl:

·
Registered
333 Posts
thats why you get a car with lower miles that has a damn warrenty so when shit like this goes south you drive it to the deal and say fix it instead of them fixing you up with a nice large bill... so suck it homeboy
I'm not sure how old you are but you sound like your 18 years old. Every car requires maintenance, if you don't have the cash to fix a critical part, then sell it, or wait to drive it until it's fixed, or at the very least stop and have it towed if it overheats. It sounds like you damaged something pretty serious within the engine. It might be time to part it out and take the money from that and buy a honda.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You need a toyota corolla. BMW is not for you, you are a member of this community and you let this happen to your car? You Sir are not a fanatic.:facepalm:

·
Registered
892 Posts
You guys all need to chil out...none of you know if he just bought this car or not. He jsut said he's having issues and everyone just assumes the OP neglected it. He might have just bought the car, you guys don't know. Let's ask him the proper question to help him solve his problem instead of bashing him. For a second I thought I was on a Ford forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I own an M3 and i am ashamed to think that you want one. you should go kill yourself real awesome like... shotgun to the balls.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Suck it? I'm not the broke ass who knew his car was broken and neglected to fix it. :rolleyes: :rofl:

You knew for HOW LONG? Since APRIL?

an EXPANSION TANK? That's what... $40-$100 in parts and 30 minutes of turning a screw driver?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Tee hee!

You overheated your motor, kept driving, you lost all oil pressure, kept driving, and now it sounds like a diesel? Are you sure?

Nice going, your motor is completely gone. Not only did you overheat it, but you drove it, overheated, with NO OIL PRESSURE (e.g. no fucking oil circulating through the engine). Buy a new engine and good luck with the S54 :spit: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts