E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys.... got my HR sport springs yesterday......... don't notice that much of a difference at all when standing outside of it.....noticed the improved handling and lower ride while driving but I was expecting to notice it more just by looking at it..... I know it will settle over the next couple of weeks but how much?? also, I still have my stock sport 17s...next week when I put the 19s on will it be more or less noticeable?? TIA

·
Banned
613 Posts
You should of gotton H&R race if you want it to be lower than your stock. Even with one or two months it will still be the same hieght. Maybe 2-3cm

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes tim....29484..... i notice it, just not as much as I thought I would ( I guess I'll just cry about it)

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
hmmm, there isn't really a "wrong" way to put springs in. When my friend (Jordan for those that are OG) put his H&Rs in there was a noticable drop. Maybe you were thinking it was going to be totally slammed? Get coils then you will be happy :)

Tim

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
hr sport drop sucks unless you have 19 or you're a cab....and yea, when i had 18 it tucked a little, and when i got 19 it tucked alot so when you get 19 the drop should be perfect

·
Suck it easy.............
2,237 Posts
give it time...it needs a few weeks for the springs to settle. I felt the same way when i go my springs installed...but I'm happy with now since it has settled........be patient my friend.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
p0tpie said:
hr sport drop sucks unless you have 19 or you're a cab....and yea, when i had 18 it tucked a little, and when i got 19 it tucked alot so when you get 19 the drop should be perfect

That had nothing to do with the actual "drop"...you just increased your over wheel/tire diameter so it looked like your car was lower.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vinny, ur overall diameter shouldn't change as you move up in wheel size...as wheel size goes up, sidewall height should go down

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
vinnymac said:

That had nothing to do with the actual "drop"...you just increased your over wheel/tire diameter so it looked like your car was lower.
yea thats true, it actually raises your car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts