E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, my wife takes the car in yesterday to get the body damage repaired after that guy rear-ended me last month (for those who followed that thread). A couple of weeks ago, I go to the parts department to order the M-Technic rear bumper with PDC. First off, the guy looked cherry and didn't really seem to know what he was doing. He ordered the parts, I pre-paid for it and left. Still not feeling confident about his competency level, I posted the part numbers on this forum in hopes that someone with an ETK would verify if he had hooked me up with the right part numbers. Well, over the weekend I received my very own copy of the ETK/TIS and looked up the part numbers again to be sure. Low and behold, he ordered the stock bumper and parts. :tsk: Okay, no big deal. I'll just have wifey cancel the order and re-order the correct parts with the numbers I got off the ETK. She takes the car to the body shop and the guy tells her that he's never heard of the M-Technic and proceeded to ask her if she was sure it was an OEM part. I specifically wrote on the invoice that the part numbers were from an ETK! So she goes through this nut-roll with this jerk-off who doesn't have a clue that BMW actually makes an aero kit for late model 3 series. Due to better judgement, she finally decided that she didn't want to deal with this moron anymore and questioned his ability to perform body work and installation. She went to the parts department and they told her "Well, the parts you originally ordered will fit." :rolleyes: No sh!t, Einstein. We don't want the original bumper, we want the M-Technic! Their reply? "Is that an aftermarket bumper or something?" :dunno: WTF? :confused: My wife calls me up and I'm trying to explain to the guy that this was an OEM kit and the part numbers are from an ETK for Christ sake! :ben: Then they went on to tell her that we don't need a new bumper and that they can just repair the damage on the old one. Frustrated and tired of dealing with these jack-arses, I just said "Fine. Do what you gotta do." When my wife asked about how much the repairs would cost, they told her however much the insurance company paid us. WTF? Not more? Not less? My wife decided that she had heard enough and decided to find another body shop that will hopefully fix our car for less. On her way out, she stopped by the service department to make an appointment to have our car looked at for other issues. She told them about the problem with the low washer fluid indicator staying illuminated though it was full, and how the automatic climate control was acting a little funky. Again, she called me up to see if I had wanted them to check for anything else. I talked to the service guy who seemed half way intelligent when he diagnosed the problem with the HVAC to be the Final Stage Unit. I proceeded to tell him that I got an OBC stalk that I wanted to retrofit. I asked him since they were going to fix my HVAC anyway would it be a problem to have one of the techs hook up DIS machine and activate my OBC for me. His reply? "Sure. I'll have to clear it with the service manager, but it shouldn't be a problem. I don't have any experience with aftermarket stuff like that." :banghead:

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carguy84 said:
I'll check that out.

I forgot to add that when I originally ordered (or thought I ordered) the M-tech rear bumper, I asked the parts department manager if I found a better deal from another dealership like say Pacific BMW, Tischer or Cutters, would they price match. He told me that ALL OEM parts are the same price at every dealership in the US and I would never find a better deal from another dealership. :confused: :liar:

I didn't say anything. :tsk:

·
Registered
172 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
Call BMWNA and tell them about it, and they'll give the dealer a call
BMWNA dont do sh!t. theyre a bunch of :azzhole: also. in the long run..after you rat your dealership to bmwna..bmwna doesnt do anything...then you bring your car back to that dealership...youre in for the worst service imaginable. :banghead:

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pete nice said:

BMWNA dont do sh!t. theyre a bunch of :azzhole: also. in the long run..after you rat your dealership to bmwna..bmwna doesnt do anything...then you bring your car back to that dealership...youre in for the worst service imaginable. :banghead:
Yeah, I don't plan on messing with those cats anymore. Once I sucker those clowns into activating my OBC retrofit, I'm done dealing with them. I'll start taking my whip up to Denver or something. 4k miles until my warranty runs out...

·
yuppie racing
1,806 Posts
It seems BMWNA doesnt know how to create better service. Granted there are always gonna be better dealers than others and of course some people are gonna have completely differnt experiences, but this does not have to be the case.

If BMW spent half the time in thinking up a program to handle/ deal with customer problems rather than thinking up new technology that they feel we must have, BMWs would sell so many more cars. (and yes I do know they sell alot. Thats b/c of the product they make, not the service that backs it up)

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
BMWNA doesnt do anything 90% of the time you call them...I have had to call them almost everytime ive taken my car in for service and they only did something once when the dealer had my car for a week and hadnt touched it...every other time they make an excuse up or say they will check it out and never call me back...they prob are so swamped with all of the crappy dealers

·
unregistered user
791 Posts
You see bmw dealers are used to the rich people who dont care about the mods and details that we do. They mostly deal with old people who have more money than sense. Hell, if any other dealers are like mine most of the guys who work there drive beat up old fords and only work at a BMW dealership because of the image thing. Makes them look good among their friends but when it comes down to it the don't know jack about the cars they sell parts for. For example I went in ask how much it would be activate the oem alarm, I had bought it and installed it. The service guy told me $530. I told him I only wanted it activated, I had it installed already- and that the price he had given me was probably for the whole install by their sevice guy. I only needed the activation. He was like huh??? You did it yourself?? theres no way- you have to be a certified tech to do that. I'm like no dude, it was easy, plug and play. He tried to feed me some s**t about it voiding the warranty because a certifed moron hadn't done it. I really hate going in there, because every time it is something else. I could tell you lots of stories.

Killer Junior I feel for ya. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
BMWNA

Last time I called BMWNA about a dealer issue, their response was "That's between you and the dealer". I said" You are BMW Headquarters, can't you do something about crappy dealers" They responded "Most of our dealers are independant and we can't really control them" ??????? :wtf: :yikes: Basically, they don't want to offend their dealers because the dealer group my drop the BMW line, at least that was my interpretation. :cartman:

·
Registered
367 Posts
bradleyg said:
You see bmw dealers are used to the rich people who dont care about the mods and details that we do. They mostly deal with old people who have more money than sense.
off-topic, but do you really think all these old rich people got that way cause they have no sense?

·
Registered
126 Posts
sounds like when i asked if i could get my Cold air intake installed ... Dinan mind you .. the guy said whats Dinan , i never heard of it ... heh!

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
halsugs said:
That sounds bad...

Time for a new dealer definately

Maybe go to an independant BMW shop. They should be much better than dealers i think
That's not a bad idea. Luckily there's one in town. This guy specializes in servicing BMWs and other European Imports. I talked to him before and he seems to know his sh!t.

If you're ever in Colorado, just know that Phil Winslow BMW is :ghey:

·
The OG
3,588 Posts
Ed, if you want M-Technik bumper, just go to Murray Imports in Denver, als got his M-Tech full kit there too and he also got 10% discount because of BMWCCA member...

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
pete nice said:

Unfortunately - Pete Nice is dead right. BMWNA isn't going to do anything to support customers with dealer problems. BMWNA is NOT an advocate for BMW owners - period. If you have a problem with a dealer you need to either hammer it out with them or take your business elsewhere. Sad - but true.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.