E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just did my ddes' about a week ago and was just able to take pics. The install was fairly easy, at first I wired it to my acc. but changed my mind and did it to my parks and then finally connect it to my fogs.
I just started modding my car i have'nt even driven it since last summer. So far i did my inside trims matt chrome, uuc pedals, M3 side mirrors, xenon head lights, Hamman eyebrows.
What do you guys think. Any Ideas on some rims. ( 2001 325 drop Steel grey with tannin red interior)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I am also looking for a front bumper but I dont know which one will fit without any mods. Any Ideas.

·
projecttechnik.com
442 Posts
just a question, do you have too crack open the headlights too put them in place?, if so, doesnt it fog up some times?. if not, is the light and the headlight casing seperate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How was the Install ?

I'm thinking of Getting DDE's myself but fear the install since I'm a novice.. Also ,where did u order them from ?

THNx>

·
Black and Proud
16,976 Posts
sticky2 said:
How did you have your foglights on at night but not your headlights?
put your headlight switch to the parking lights ... but not turning on headlights
you can turn on the fog lights with just the parking lights on

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
Some additional or clarifying info:

The install is painless - only 3 things will help you:
My install document
My install video
And my support;) Should you need it;)

Now, "will my headlights fog up?" question:
NO, not bloody likely unless you take your headlights apart inside a cold damp room and then take them outside where it's humid and sunny.

Turning the fogs on is "parking lights on, press fogs button"

For those of you with Auto-Level, additionals point discovered yesterday:
a) you can tap into the auto-level wires - but choose the correct yellow one - one turns off with parking lights, the other is a pseudo accesory one.

b) adjusting your beam BEFORE you take them apart will help you determine where your adjustment needs to be AFTER putting it back together.

c) The adjustments screws are fragile and require a relatively delicate touch. If they pop off, they are relatively easiy to put back in, but you have to push the headlight back quite a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts