BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess its about time that I did this - I did buy the damn things over a year ago. Install was done by my good friend John Vanskiver WHOM I VERY HIGHLY RECCOMEND AS A DDE INSTALLER. John was able to pull apart my both of my headlights and install everything VERY quickly. They look amazing... arent the greatest as far as autoleveling goes but the look awesome....

AdamR

·
Registered
885 Posts
are the driving lights on or is that a reflection from the DDE's?

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to plug John Vanskiver again for doing an AWESOME install for my DDEs. If you guys are on the east coast I HIGHLY reccomend him and would not want anyone else touching my car ... thanks again for an awesome job John! Also, big thanks to Matt for helping me work this all out!

AdamR

·
Registered
104 Posts
Was it a big deal to install them? A friend of mine wants me to help him do the same on his 750il.

:)

·
Dinan Pimp
1,171 Posts
arent the greatest as far as autoleveling goes but they look awesome....
That's why I'm uninstalling mine this weekend and returning them. Apparently I was given the older style rings that have this problem. Since you bought yours a year ago I imagine that why your have the same problem. Apexcone was suppose to send me the new rings but thats was 2 weeks ago. :dunno: :dunno: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
mrcar1 said:
Was it a big deal to install them? A friend of mine wants me to help him do the same on his 750il.

:)
Only DDE Lightning for his 7 (depending on year) is really compatible.

DDE Lightning Enhanced will give him the classy look he wants for his car.

Apexcone won't send you new rings because Apexcone and Umnitza are in the midst of preparations for SEMA.

Please let us take care of you, we work in tandem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Love the look.....looks great!

·
Registered
396 Posts
a little too bright....it reminds me of a civic I saw yesterday.......nice RICE mod. but I am glad you are happy. Hopefully I will have those someday (when I buy a 5 series)!

·
Dinan Pimp
1,171 Posts
umnitza said:

Apexcone won't send you new rings because Apexcone and Umnitza are in the midst of preparations for SEMA.

Please let us take care of you, we work in tandem.
I was told by my vendor (Evosport) 2 weeks ago that the manufacturer Apexcone would be sending me the newer style rings and that I was to return to old ones to them. This was two weeks ago. I e-mailed Apexcone and recieved no reply. I'm going to uninstall these this weekend and return them for store credit if I don't have the new rings by Friday. Can you help me with this?

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rockshox : thanks for the compliment!

jlevi : Hell yeah man! Gen V is where its at.

badwayz : the reason it looks too bright is the way that the camera is adjusted. I am not great with cameras so I really couldnt capture the look. In reality it looks VERY classy for this car. Rice mod? I dont know about that man ... heheh. Are you calling 90% of the people on this board ricers then? Please.... if you dont have anything nice to say .... well dont say anything at all.

timeexp99 : thanks man .... Car went back to the dealer last night so I should hear sometime today about the paint. The BMW rep should be looking at it. Cross your fingers guys!

CYBER PETE : Hey man, talk to Matt (Umnitza) on AIM or email or even phone. He did an awesome job helping me out with my situation and was a 10 out of 10 to deal with. Everyone really needs to know what a stand up guy Matt is!

AdamR

·
Registered
703 Posts
Adam,

Once again it was great hanging and even better to work on that great ride of yours.. Even though the install only took less than 2 hours, it was a long day. The 2 previous installs I did that day tired me out. AND then that FAT steak you bought me just wiped me out.....

I slept like a baby..

Im happy to help you and glad to hear your so happy. Keep me posted on the leveling thing.. I want to make sure you stay happy..

John V

Tell the girl I said hi...
:D

·
Dinan Pimp
1,171 Posts
johnv325ci said:
Adam........keep me posted on the leveling thing.....
:D
What's being done about that for you? I'm suppose to recieve new rings but it hasn't happened yet. :dunno:

I'm going to uninstall :thumbdwn: mine on Saturday and reinstall them if/when I get the new rings. I can't sacrifice my ability to see at night for these pretty rings. As it stands right now my headlights are pointing at the ground and my dealer couldn't get them up any higher becuase of the rings. :banghead: :banghead:

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
PETE!!! I'm sorry. I relied on someone to drop them off for me.
They forgot, they were dropped off at the PO 2 days after I told them to. It was dropped off yesterday. You'll have them on Monday.

Please check the tracking number I sent you personally and see that they are on their way. I'm terribly sorry:(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts