BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I broke my cluster during the white gause anstallation process. So I bought used cluster. The problem is...
The cluster showing the wrong mileage(I guess it's from the previous car) and small dot appear next to the mileage.:ben:
What should I do? Can I reset this thing? or Do I have to take it to the dealer?
Please help me.
:banghead:

·
P.I.M.P.
2,470 Posts
LOL damn bro.....you are fooked. If the miles on speedometer dont match the miles in the CPU, the car thinks you tried to hack/cheat the mileage. The red dot shows that you "tempered" with the mileage, and it will never go away....

PS. This is why you only buy new clusters.....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So. IF I buy a new cluster now. Will it go away? and I just noticed me dsc light is always on. Damn

·
P.I.M.P.
2,470 Posts
I beleive it will never go away......and when you go to sell your car, they will think you messed with the mileage. Sorry:sad:

Go to the dealer, tell them your story, see what they have to say.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,915 Posts
yeah, check with the dealer. when a shop messed up my white gauge install, I had to get a new cluster, but the shop couldn't install the new cluster cuz the dealer had to "program" it. I think what ever the case, you'll have to go to the dealer to find a solution. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts