BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the corner lights before and they always clicked back in with ease. I took them out to open the headlight housing yesterday to paint the trim. Once everything was back together I tried putting the corners back in and they both go in all the way and it looks like they are in place but neither of them lock into place and can still be pulled back out...I've tried pushing them both with all of my weight and they just sit there...

I did not remove the whole headlight unit...all I did was take off the clear plastic cover...I dont know why this is happenning!

Anyone know what to do?

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,922 Posts
I would go back thru the steps of your install just to make sure everything is in place. I'm thinking something is just not sitting correctly.
good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E46slc said:
There should be a clip that holds it in place. Sometimes the clip falls out so you have to check.
If you are talking about the metal tab that's inside each clear corner that pushes the plastic clip up so that it clicks into place...then yea I did check those and they are still in the correct position.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
truwon said:
I would go back thru the steps of your install just to make sure everything is in place. I'm thinking something is just not sitting correctly.
good luck:thumbup:
I guess I'll have to...but it was such a fast and easy proccess I dont know how I could have missed anything when putting it back together, it's just a bunch of little tabs that you click back into place.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hmmm... uhh isnt there a screw that you tighten which locks the corners in place? on mine to take out the lights i unscrew the screw, take out the corner; then when putting it back together i put it back in place and screw the screw back in...
must be different for you car

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,922 Posts
Nico3k said:
hmmm... uhh isnt there a screw that you tighten which locks the corners in place? on mine to take out the lights i unscrew the screw, take out the corner; then when putting it back together i put it back in place and screw the screw back in...
must be different for you car
yeah, earlier E46's didn't have the screw design, they just clipped in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts