E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was driving back from my girls place and my car turned off for no reason. Has this happened to anyone? This is really Fu**ed up. I thought it might be b/c I needed gas but I was still at about 1/8th of a tank and the gas warning light was not even on.

·
Registered
874 Posts
if it was cold, then yes, mine does that too...all the time,in fact, it's at the shop right now being fixed...they are replacing the mass air flow sensor and a few other things, i'll let you know what all they do later. It sucks!

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
cbeck the previous post its your Mass air flow meter or something ...bmw should cover it..if youhave an aftermarket intake take it out and put the stock back on

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah my car is manual and the weather last night was about -25 degrees celsius. I've been putting the same gas in my car for the past year so I don't think it's the gas being bad if anything being too low.

TheDream - Has your car stalled alot. This was the first time and luckily it happened after I got off the highway and not while making a turn. What exactly did the dealership say was wrong with the MAF?

Bender - So do you think it is my TB or the MAF. How does the TB go bad? It happened when I was slowing down to a stop light so I wasn't giving it any gas at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts