BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get to valley fair mall and do the usual double clutch to my door to open it....one click door opens...send...NADA. I'm stuck! door won't even bludge...i relocked the door and unlocked it and the same thing..i was like **** the passanger side better not be like this too!

Good thing it wasn't

Now since i'm a cheater and no1 replied to my other post ill sneak this in :) does a m3 06 HID OEM ballast fit a 330ci ?

:p

·
What a Pisser
727 Posts
That sux. Must've been a pain to crawl over the to the passenger side. But does it open from the outside? (sorry can't help with your question).

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Sounds like the door cable has become disconnected from the door panel/handle. Did you have your car serviced recently or the panels off for any other reason?

Take the panel off (follow the window regulator diy, i think it tells you how) and be sure that the little cable with the foam padding is hooked into the handle (may have to play with it).

·
Registered
24,531 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
This has happened to me twice since I enabled the auto locking. Roll the window down and you can open the door from the outside handle. Easier than crawling over. Not sure why this happens. The button on the door pops up but nada. Weird

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Now since i'm a cheater and no1 replied to my other post ill sneak this in :) does a m3 06 HID OEM ballast fit a 330ci ? :p
Can't say definitively, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

·
Registered
282 Posts
this happened to me too, but i couldnt even open it from the outside, so i climbed in from the passenger side, as i was driving i heard a "click", and then everything was back to normal. I beleive it had something to do with being extremely cold (5 degrees) hasn't happened since though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts