BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesturday I was driving from L.A. to Carmel. I was cutting across highway 46 from I5 to 101. As some of you probably know we have been getting alot of rain. Well my drive had been great on I5, no rain at all. I get on 46 and all hell brakes loose. Wind, rain, and hail. The wind was so strong that it was blowing dirt and tiny rocks from the side of the road at my car. My whole windshield and driverside windows are pitted beyond belief. My paint and weels are chipped really badly. The paint feels like sand paper Headlight cover are ruined even my windshield wiper are chipped down to the metal. I went to get an estimate and my whole car needs to be repainted. The body shop could not believe what happened to my car. They said that it looked like someone had started to sand blast my car. This really sucks. I am being quoted between 6,000 to 7,000. I am trying to get my insurance to cover it.

Does this quote sound high or low?

·
'a certain moderator'
38,207 Posts
for a total paint job that sounds about right, i cant believe your story though, i would be crying all the way through the ordeal. can you post pics of the damage? would be interested in seeing what that stuff can do to a car

sorry to hear bout it man

-brendan

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,847 Posts
6000 - 7000 sounds about right.. i had asked my bmw shop for a quote and thats exactly what they told me.. right now its a good time to get a color u like :D :thumbup:

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
ac325ci said:
6000 - 7000 sounds about right.. i had asked my bmw shop for a quote and thats exactly what they told me.. right now its a good time to get a color u like :D :thumbup:
Yup, take advantage of an unlucky situation. Chrome shadow? :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
6-7k is about right considering their might be the need for small body work. What the shop get most of their profit from is the labor.

·
BMW Land Barge
1,378 Posts
Well... Your insurance damned well ought to cover this.

That said, maybe it's time for a new color... And if not, well... Your car will look GOOD by the time you're done.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
yea i want something to happen to me. Then icoudl get new color

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,725 Posts
wow 6 g's worth of damae cuz of weather..
thats alot of spendola

·
• DFW •
2,750 Posts
Dude you couldnt pull over some where? Rest stop or something?? Damm good luck

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I sure hope your going through your insurance company? They will cover this. It's not worth paying this yourself.

Ok repair/replace windshield $500-700, Refinish wheels $300 (150 each), Repair body panels and repaint $2500 + $1500-2000 labor. Yeah your getting up there but more in the $5-6k not 6-7. Oh you said total repaint, well $1500+ for total paint job and yeah your looking in the $6-7 range.

Yesturday I was driving from L.A. to Carmel. I was cutting across highway 46 from I5 to 101. As some of you probably know we have been getting alot of rain. Well my drive had been great on I5, no rain at all. I get on 46 and all hell brakes loose. Wind, rain, and hail. The wind was so strong that it was blowing dirt and tiny rocks from the side of the road at my car. My whole windshield and driverside windows are pitted beyond belief. My paint and weels are chipped really badly. The paint feels like sand paper Headlight cover are ruined even my windshield wiper are chipped down to the metal. I went to get an estimate and my whole car needs to be repainted. The body shop could not believe what happened to my car. They said that it looked like someone had started to sand blast my car. This really sucks. I am being quoted between 6,000 to 7,000. I am trying to get my insurance to cover it.

Does this quote sound high or low?
[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts