E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a couple of days before I posted saying that my check engine soon light came on. You guys told me could be the gas cap and it was. And I tighten it and it went off.

Last night it came on again, I checked the gas but it was on tight . Anyways this afternoon I went to turn the car on it was still on, than 1 hour after that it went off. Than 2 hours later it comes on again. WTF:dunno: This crap is aggravating me!!! All I see when I look at the dash is that damn light on.:banghead: :banghead:

·
99% Stock
862 Posts
Whats up with your car tim? Mines starting to get a couple more annoying problems already and its only been 5 months. I am DEFINITELY selling this car as soon as warranty expires.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah i was thinkin it must be some sensor. I'm gonna take it to dealer tomorrow and see whats going on. just a pain to drive there its kinda far and now i got to get up early on friday :sad: i'm so bored @ work now

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Mine's on heroin.

Have your dealer check it out, they'll be able to read any faults.

Chip-

·
NWT Fanatic
729 Posts
take it to your dealer and get them to run diagnostics on it. They will be able to tell you what faults have been occuring and can take measures in repairing it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
ConvertyBMW said:
ok a couple of days before I posted saying that my check engine soon light came on. You guys told me could be the gas cap and it was. And I tighten it and it went off.

Last night it came on again, I checked the gas but it was on tight . Anyways this afternoon I went to turn the car on it was still on, than 1 hour after that it went off. Than 2 hours later it comes on again. WTF:dunno: This crap is aggravating me!!! All I see when I look at the dash is that damn light on.:banghead: :banghead:
maybe its the cheap gas that u are puttin:dunno: do u use premium?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I am DEFINITELY selling this car as soon as warranty expires.
Me too...I just don't trust BMW long term reliability. Remember the Nikasil block disaster in the early- mid 90 V8s?

It looks cool fun to drive, but BMW needs to take a few lessons from Lexus and Acura on reliablity

·
Hello
1,161 Posts
JoeK said:
Whats up with your car tim? Mines starting to get a couple more annoying problems already and its only been 5 months. I am DEFINITELY selling this car as soon as warranty expires.
windshield wipers are leaving streaks, the hk speakers rattle, my key sometimes wont open the car from far away, it has to be within like 5 feet. :banghead: when i think of more, i'll post it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude, take it to the dealer. I had the same thing happen straight from the dealership with a brand new 325i. It was an electrical fault and it jacked things up majorly. If you odn't want your car dragged in I would take it in ASAP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the exact same problem...I went to the dealership, they said it was the Idle Control Valve...what ever the hell that does...Just have the dealership check the fault codes...

·
Registered
95 Posts
lucky for me - i live 1 mile from the dealer..

getting used to having to take it there. had my car 2 months - brought it in 4 times :banghead:

·
Registered
31 Posts
sell em all....
buy Audis with the 3 yr. warranty
that includes EVERYTHING, oil, greases,
maintenence, and annoying sh*t

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well bmw's also have 3 years warranty which includes pretty much everything, except wheel alignments and things regarding rims and wheels. besides that they do pretty much everything for free. I know cause I already went to replace so many damn things, shoot they even know me when I call who I am already. I dunno if that is good or bad :dunno:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts