E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Got Mis-shift?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke my car in:thumbup: after the port and polish, my car feels a lot faster (torquey) I feel the difference in all gears. I feel like my third gear pulls as much as the 2nd gear and 4th like 3rd and so on. I'm gonna get it dynoed this week or next week and i'll post the result. :thumbup:
and for some reason, the sound of my exhaust seem deeper, especially on enclosed parking lot :dunno: maybe i'm just being paranoid just because I got port and polished :dunno:

·
Registered
86 Posts
i think i read your previous post on this...how long did you have to wait for them to finish the P&P? you did this at avus, right? are there any other shops that do the p&p?

·
mi casa @ technik
5,876 Posts
Omnipotent said:
i think i read your previous post on this...how long did you have to wait for them to finish the P&P? you did this at avus, right? are there any other shops that do the p&p?
samir can do it also:)

Cooh: drive it as hard as u can before you dyno it to let the ECU adjust!:thumbup:

·
Got Mis-shift?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Omnipotent said:
Well, it really depends on the guy doing the P&P. It normally takes 3 days to P&P and 2 days to put the head back together.

I got it from Avus autosport. They have a guy that does excellent P&P:thumbup:

·
Got Mis-shift?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xS3x said:

samir can do it also:)

Cooh: drive it as hard as u can before you dyno it to let the ECU adjust!:thumbup:
Should I reset my ECU first and drive it really hard but not redlining it?

Reset ECU meaning - turn ignition off, wait 10 seconds, set ignition to on position for 10 secs, and set ignition off for 10 secs and start the car? :dunno: (I read a post on this a week or 2 ago)

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
hey can you do it to an auto too

·
mi casa @ technik
5,876 Posts
p0tpie said:
hey can you do it to an auto too
lol pot..wtf is a kanoeprojektz..haha:lmao:

hm..i think disconnecting the battery will do the trick..i think it works both ways..:thumbup:

and what do u mean by driving really hard and not redlining it?
if you drive it really hard..then you should be approaching the 7K limit:evil:

·
Got Mis-shift?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xS3x said:

lol pot..wtf is a kanoeprojektz..haha:lmao:

hm..i think disconnecting the battery will do the trick..i think it works both ways..:thumbup:

and what do u mean by driving really hard and not redlining it?
if you drive it really hard..then you should be approaching the 7K limit:evil:
How long do you think I should disconnect the battery?

I'm afraid to redline. I only go as far as 6.5 k. I have a miss shift phobia .

·
mi casa @ technik
5,876 Posts
cooh23 said:

How long do you think I should disconnect the battery?

I'm afraid to redline. I only go as far as 6.5 k. I have a miss shift phobia .
lol..i understand:)

people over at bimmerfest say a good 15 minutes shall do the job, but just in case..i would go disconnect the battery now and hook it back up in the morning:)

or again, you can try the ignition trick:thumbup:

glad to hear you are enjoying your P&P..wish i can have mine done sooner or later:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
when doing the battery trick, it only resets your time, your trip meter, and stuff. I tried it because i wanted to turn off my abs, dsc, brake, engine light, but it didn't work. ( i already fixed my problem that caused the lights to turn on).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts