BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had a custom cold air intake done on my CSL front bumper's hole.

We did a 3 inch hose with expandable/squishable material wrapped around where it is inserted into a larger hose to fit the CSL hole. Then 3 inch hose is connected directly into the stock airbox and I have the streamline intake filter ordered to replace my stock filter.

The car sounds a bit better with a noticeable intake sound when pressing the gas, and if you put your hand or a piece of paper by the hole, you can feel/see the air sucked in.

I'm just waiting to see what kind of animal will fly in there first with it's tail wiggling out the hole :excited:

Now with both intake and cat-back exhaust, is the Shark Injector software worth it at all for my car?

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Nice little mod Ken. You can always put a screen on it. Even paint it black to make it less noticeable. :thumbsup:
Something to match the grill in the center would look awesome.

·
It ain't cheap to be cool.
4,097 Posts
No shark needed.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I wouldn't bother sharking the automatic. You'd probably have to get new auto tranny software, too, which I think only Dinan has.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
was that piece of pipe cut with a Pipe Saw?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha actually I don't know what was used to cut the pipes. I was chillin eating pizza while the shop did it. I just saw them struggling to find some pipes in the shop to fit and wrapping the smaller hose with black expandable stuff to fit the larger hose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts