BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who didn't read my last post

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54253&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

I broke my brand new 5 weeks old 19' MVR :banghead: What sucks is that I didn't drive up a curb, or anything that I coulda avoid. Was just going normal freeway speed. Then the rear right wheel, in the INNER side liternally shattered, and no damage to the tires neither :mad: Not sure what i ran over.. but usually you can see things ahead of you in the freeway.

Anyways.... my dealer contacted his suppliers.. they said they won't warranty it.. won't even sell me one back at supplier's cost, and won't even sell the ones they have in stock to me because they don't want to break up their set of 4. Now I have to prob wait 4-6 weeks and pay more then what i orginally paid for because is not a package price anymore.

Tried to contact MVR with 3 emails, never a reply back neither. Irony is that I didn't want to buy cheaper rims because I thougth quality and services matter when you buy from name brands.. I guess not.

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
sorry to hear, that sux.. I hope everythig works out for ya. Maybe try another dealer if all else fails to buy just one wheel.

where did you go to buy the wheels?
Maybe your dealer can order just one from the factory for you?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Damn man sorry to hear that. I guess I know where not to go to buy rims in the future. Although it's nice to know that you were not injured from this incident but I think that if you have gotten hurt you could've hired a blood sucking lawyer to suck them dry. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
hp2025 said:
Anyways.... my dealer contacted his suppliers.. they said they won't warranty it.. won't even sell me one back at supplier's cost, and won't even sell the ones they have in stock to me because they don't want to break up their set of 4. Now I have to prob wait 4-6 weeks and pay more then what i orginally paid for because is not a package price anymore.

Tried to contact MVR with 3 emails, never a reply back neither. Irony is that I didn't want to buy cheaper rims because I thougth quality and services matter when you buy from name brands.. I guess not.
Now that's some BS! :thumbdwn: Sorry to hear, good luck!

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's awful :thumbdwn: . You should go back to the area where it happened and see if there's a pothole or something. . .since there's no damage to your tire, something is fishy about that wheel. . .

www.bbb.org

-jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dealer is a cool guy, he said he will sell rim to me at his cost. But I guess he gets his stuff from this other store, his supplier. And the supplier gets it from MVR.

What really sucks is that I just got the rim, and I have to pay for a new one, not like I can just drive with 3. There goes my money for a bodykit hehe

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
Damn that does really blow. It really sux they wont let you buy one from stock since they dont want to break up their set of 4 :tsk:

·
Registered
122 Posts
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE. EMAIL THIS FORUM TO MVR AND SHOW THEM ALL THE BAD PUBLICITY THEY ARE GETTING. That might change their mind.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I was thinking about that too. But doubt they would do anything. Basically they saying, you break it you deal with it.

From the look for the rim, it did look like i ran oversomething. Sad thing is I was just driving and didnt see a thing, and nothing I coulda done to prevent it from happening. A dent I would understand, I really really don't think rims are supposed to break like that... especially when MVR supposed to be a name brand rim.

I am mad at the supplier of my dealer because at least they coulda sold me another one at cost if they won't warranty it since it has been only a few weeks, but not only that, they didnt even want to sell me one that they have in stock.

Weird thing is.. the dealer is wellknown on this forum. I am sure alot of ppl heard of the supplier too.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I was really considering 19" MVRs at one point, because they look like 20's.... I was always told they are weak rims, but DAMN... they wouldnt survive a day in NYC.... Goodluck man, hope everything works out... Also, who did u buy the wheels from? Whoever you got them from should at least get you a wheel at cost price... Please let me know so I make sure I dont do buisness with them in the future

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Also, I am pretty sure that if the dealer was you, he would find a way to get himself that 1 rim without having to pay more. He might seem like a cool guy, but i think hes a D!ckhead... but goodluck anyway

·
mi casa @ technik
6,443 Posts
DropTopBM said:
I was really considering 19" MVRs at one point, because they look like 20's.... I was always told they are weak rims, but DAMN... they wouldnt survive a day in NYC.... Goodluck man, hope everything works out... Also, who did u buy the wheels from? Whoever you got them from should at least get you a wheel at cost price... Please let me know so I make sure I dont do buisness with them in the future

sorry to hear about your misfortune hp2025

but droptop..
MVR is known to make solid quality stuffs..i've never heard about any other horror stories about their rims shattering..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts