E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i test drove a nissan z nismo just for kicks and i gotta say although my car is by no means faster it just feels so much more predictable suspension wise.....i mean when im going through a turn and brake my bmw doesnt wobble diaganally like the NISMO nissan tuned z did......idk if its something about the weight distribution or different kind of suspensions or what...but the z just didnt feel as planted.....no predictibility of when the tires are about to break....and ive driven m's and stuff so i dont thinks its just that it has alot more power....idk point is i love my bmw. i went in expecting to be impressed with the nismo and walked out glad to sit in my 330. not trying to hate on nissans just saying the way bmw put together the "road feel" of these cars is truly remarkable.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You're used to your 330. That's why you trust it more than the untamed beast known as the Nismo Z.

I love the Z's...but something that bothers me about them is the clutch. Even stock...it's SOOO heavy in comparison to my e46. Makes sense, but it'd take a while for me to get used to it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeahaha and the engine......so many vibrations....ik its not going to but coming from my 330 it feels like its going to rattle itself apart....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The Z has a shorter wheel base, stiffer suspension, stiffer chassis, and is honestly set up quite differently.

I find the clutch and shifter to be too heavy. I'm sure if I got used to the car, I'd like it. But at first impression I had similar thoughts. I autoX with a guy that has one, and he's almost always a half a second to 8/10ths faster than me (E36 M3). They're vey capable cars. I have to drive my ass off to keep up with him.

Still, I'll keep my BMW. The Z's do have a fantastic exhaust note though!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Dem Z's can't hang on da freeway with da M tho. Lol two completely different cars. But it's a lot nicer too say you have a BMW than a Nissan without a backseat. I drove my friends 370z and I wasn't very impressed. I'll take a used E92 M3 over a brand new Z. Saw one with 16,000 miles going for $40k.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
330: Refinement, a little "oomph," some amazing handling, and a little luxury. That's what it's all about - the most efficient compromise you can get.

Yeah, a NISMO can kick my ZHP's butt. But which would I want to drive every day?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exactly.....and i do agree about the exhaust note.....the chassy is stiff....just stiff in the wrong way for my preferences....and the steering wheel is too light feeling coming from my e46 haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.