E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can put 10 bucks in get 140 miles in it and by the after noon im on 20 i mean i waste so much gas and i drive 10 miles a day if that. what do you think it may be? Please help:banghead:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wold start with the basics, doing an oil change, new spark plugs, checking your tire pressure, cleaning your air intake filter and remove all the unneeded weight from your trunk (do not haul around the overweight girlfriend everywhere you go)
That might help your overall mpgs

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
887 Posts
i can put 10 bucks in get 140 miles in it and by the after noon im on 20 i mean i waste so much gas and i drive 10 miles a day if that. what do you think it may be? Please help:banghead:
Lets do the calculation together to determine your miles per gallon.
You say you put $10 in it. At about $3.50 per gallon, that means you put in about 2.8 gallons. And you got 140 miles on that, meaning you got 50 mpg (140/2.8). That is the best mileage one has ever gotten on a 323I. But even if you got half that mileage, say 25 mpg------what is the issue. You may want to check your numbers.
Putting 2.8 gallons ($10) in my car will allow it to go 85 miles. You are doing very well.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I believe what he is trying to say is " in the morning, he goes to the gas station and puts 10 bucks worth of gas, to which the trip computer goes up to 140 miles 'til empty, yet 10 miles later that same afternoon. He gets home and the trip computer went down from 140 to 20 miles until empty. "
Yet thats my take oppinion. I might be wrong

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
My BMW 323i Waists so much gas WHY? :facepalm:

·
Banned
342 Posts
I believe what he is trying to say is " in the morning, he goes to the gas station and puts 10 bucks worth of gas, to which the trip computer goes up to 140 miles 'til empty, yet 10 miles later that same afternoon. He gets home and the trip computer went down from 140 to 20 miles until empty. "
Yet thats my take oppinion. I might be wrong

you need to be a professional translator. it is so hard to understands kids nowadays

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts