E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really enjoyed other peoples update threads so I figured I'd take a few minutes to write up my very own.

I'm not a huge gear head but I do love my car and enjoy making things my own. Heres an account of the small things I've done to help myself enjoy driving this car even more. :thumbup:

First off I'd like to pay homage to my last car. VW Jetta TDI that saved my life, and solidified my decision for a second German car. For those who are curious the short of it was someone ran a stop sign in the country and I gave them a t-bone smooch.

Original condition, bought from a local dealership. Still looks wicked imo. Last owner had some good taste. Style 68 rims & suspension done.

I've started with some subtle cosmetic mods as I'm very happy with the under-hood performance I'm getting. Generally speaking I'm the type to replace a worn out part with an upgrade so things are progressing slowly (damn reliability) I'm sure I'll get harped on a little but I've been brining her to the Dealership where I live. I get great service and I've never felt like I've been ripped off. Could be another reason its got over 255xxx KM on it and still pulls like a mofo.

A lighter shot, mostly OEM.

I then smoked a racoon and insurance replaced the replica MtechII bumper with an OEM one (Bill was $4100 with labour, ouch) You can tell which side it hit by how clean the fog light housing is.

I started the whole process when I saw a couple black kidney grills at the dealership for $210+taxes or something ridiculous and saw a couple DIY projects people had done. $8 later I had my black grills. Yes, emblem has been replaced.

I had some paint left over and (although black mirrors usually go with black plastic handles on old Dodge Dakotas) I liked the look of the black on silver and decided to carry the theme.

Que Towel

I added (with some nail polish & clear coat) a taste of German to the grille. I've since taken it off but think I'll be doing it again. I've seen plenty of the ///M colours but of course, this isnt an ///M car. I also got some license plate covers which are a cheap way to dress up the ugly plates. I've also since reversed the dealership boarder so everything is black except the "Ontario" and the plate #.

Just installed my first ///M part on the car the other day, shifter was some pos from crappy tire flopping around loose. I took the 10 minutes to splice into the ash tray wires for the leds to work. Happy with the result.

I just recently ordered these from Khoalty which are in the mail.

I'm in the market for some RCR sedan tail lights if anyones interested in getting rid of some, as well as an intake for a little more engine growl. Exhaust will come eventually.

I've spent a ton on PM as well as stuff that actually needed to be taken care of so I havent been able to drop a ton like some of the beautiful machines on here. Anyway, thanks for reading and look forward to updating this thread.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like your sedan. The black mirrors are a nice touch actually. I like it.

Black Style 68's might look decent too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corners and Sides came in today.

A few shots, pretty happy with the way they turned out. Bought them from Khoalty, happy with shipping, a few issues with quality thought.
One of the tightening forks snapped off like a chopstick. Too expensive to send back to the U.S. from Canada unfortunately. Noticed the OEM have metal reinforcement, look for this if you have the chance. I will next time.
Also paid the $10 or whatever it was for LEDs for the side markers. Dont waste your money.
The point of blinkers are to be seen. Had clears which looked rice so popped over to Canadian Tire to grab some Orange bulbs - much better. Not sure exactly what I was expecting but overall I'm happy.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Looks good! Good call on the replacing the bulbs. I have the clear sidemarkers/corners so I had to buy the stealth bulbs that are chrome plated because I hate the orange bulb from the outside. On the smoked ones, you NEED orange bulbs or else they wont flash yellow at all and might cause some tickets for ya :/ but atleast you did the right thing which is good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'll be putting the splitters on soon and take a couple more pics. No more ice bergs falling off trucks. The orange & black really mix well into an interesting colour; its almost different on every car/bulb. The chrome and clear is a very clean look as well though, I didn't even think of the difficulty with chrome and smoked.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally, I think the black mirrors and dark side markers look bad. But it's your car so more power to you.

Get some new headlight lenses to spruce up the front
Indeed, Im not sure about restoration at their current condition.

As for dark sides/mirrors I gave it a lot of consideration and I think since the back will not be blacked at all it'll have a better flow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.