E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
You're car is pre-wired for the OBC. Once you get the OBC stalk, all you have to do is get a tech at your local BMW service department to hook it up to the DIS and get it activated. I just finally installed my stalk yesterday (along with my new ///M steering wheel) after putting it off forever. Not a difficult task in the least.

·
Groccery Getter
782 Posts
frenchym3 said:
I'm looking for someone who installed an after market OBC.
I have a 2001 325I and she doesn't have one, I really need it sometimes.
Please, help.
Ok, here is the P/N you need 61-31-83-63-668. I dont remember the price but it's around $40-$60 I called Pacific and got it from them. I got it reprogramed at County Line BMW in CT. It took them 15 minutes to reprogram my computer. Everything works Temp, MPG, MPH, Etc....it's not worth the $300.00 when you order your car. They hooked it up to the DIS and looked in the turn signal menu and reprogramed it, that easy. But they charged me $60.00 to hook it up to the DIS. You need to o take out your steering wheel and remove the bottom plastic cover underneath the steering coulmn. When all that is off just unplug the signal stalk and pull it out the slide in the new one. Good Luck if you have any questions let me know.

Also Go here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16348&highlight=Ausfahrt

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
frenchym3 said:
Guys, I just called my BMW dealer, and the OBC stalk was $128.00
Where did you get yours for about $50.00?
Don't go with your dealer. The key words here are Pacific BMW. Give them a call and ask for Louie. They sell the part for $56.

·
Registered
42 Posts
frenchym3 said:
That's what I did, and they give me a crazy price over $100,00
Could it be that this is the price for the OBC retrofit kit (# 62 13 0 015 965)? This kit includes the OBC stalk + some cables + temperature sensor + some other stuff. AFAIK you don't need the kit if you have automatic climate control in your car. In this case you just need the OBC stalk (# 61 31 8 363 668).

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,611 Posts
scorpio said:

Could it be that this is the price for the OBC retrofit kit (# 62 13 0 015 965)? This kit includes the OBC stalk + some cables + temperature sensor + some other stuff. AFAIK you don't need the kit if you have automatic climate control in your car. In this case you just need the OBC stalk (# 61 31 8 363 668).
What he said. Look under the front bumper and see if you've got a thin tube-like object protruding out. That's your outside temperature sensor. That's one indicator that your car might already be pre-wired for the OBC retrofit and all you'll need is the stalk, and not the entire retrofit kit. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.