BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
More parts.
First an adapter that allows me to get AN connections to the oil cooler. Since the car will only go spring and summer I will not use the thermostat for the oil cooler.

Since mechanically unlocking the parking brake, have not decided if I should use electric parking brake or not.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi, Just ran across your thread. Great work so far.

Why did you decide on the DKG when you are using the MaxxECU, is it because you want the M4 gearbox and Maxx does not support it or another reason?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi and thanks.
No special reason, talked to DKG about a gearbox and flywheel. Finally I chose their entire solution. Both solutions have their advantages and disadvantages.
I agree, they both have their positives and negatives. I have to run a stock DME for emissions reasons so it has ruled out the Maxx solution for me. That brought it down to the DKG or HTG. I'm ultimately picking the DKG as well.

I like that Maxx allows you to integrate everything into one "package" essentially. The less complexity the greater chance for success is often the case. IF you already have the Maxx adding the wiring and shifter to the DCT seems like a simple solution vs going DKG.

Just curious why people choose one option over the other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I finally got my control box from DKGecu, got it 3/7 the same day I went on vacation

I put the oil temp sensor in the gearbox and I completed the cable harness

On Saturday I had some time left so I mounted the engine and gearbox in the car. The next step is the rear mount for the gearbox and make the drive shaft.

stay tuned for more...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts