E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you were looking to buy headers, too, you shouldn't have done this. This plus headers is going to be *****-loud.
+1

Muffler delete is always a cost effective way to get some sound. With that said Avetiso is correct you will get close to waking the dead with muffler delete and headers. There was a group buy for the bimmer brake headers I saw not that long ago I would search for that. Was something like $400 but guaranteed fitment.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think its that loud with straight pipes. at first from a cold start it definately is. Headers i hear give some performance gains, which is what im interested in. I know not nearly as much as turbos, chargers, engine tunes, etc. I am just looking for some performance mods here and there. I appreciate the input. I was also thinking about a dms with headers as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yea I've read a good bit on headers and from what I've gathered. Ebay ones you can get for REALLY cheap but may or may not have a tough time getting them installed without issues. Bimmerbrakes are gonna be closer to $300 maybe $350 or so but Are supposed to be a lot smoother of an install and be a little better quality. depends how much of a budget you are on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
04ci

Yea I've read a good bit on headers and from what I've gathered. Ebay ones you can get for REALLY cheap but may or may not have a tough time getting them installed without issues. Bimmerbrakes are gonna be closer to $300 maybe $350 or so but Are supposed to be a lot smoother of an install and be a little better quality. depends how much of a budget you are on.
300-400. i have a video coming up on my channel about my car. let me know what i should do guys. I'm really looking for some great ideas and I know you guys have them!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
I appreciate it,..but being an old fart in my 40's.....I prefer peace & quiet..... to listen to my sweetie, Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood Mac on my HK stereo. (You'll get there someday.)

PS. Fleetwood Mac was AWESOME last night at Roger's Arena in Vancouver !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its droney at about 3k rpm, and when the car is driving around you don't even notice it. the car itself turns heads, not the exhaust. :p if the headers are too loud, I will def keep the headers return the muffler and look into a rogue dms exhaust. thoughts?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
its droney at about 3k rpm, and when the car is driving around you don't even notice it. the car itself turns heads, not the exhaust. :p if the headers are too loud, I will def keep the headers return the muffler and look into a rogue dms exhaust. thoughts?
Just remember that you live in California! Emission laws are terrible. If you get headers you will not be able to smog the car.

Rouge DMS is good from what I've heard. But I prefer a full catback which is why I went with the UUC TSE3. One of the best sounding exhausts in my opinion. Haha. It's tame at cruise, but screams at WOT!! And zero drone. If I were you I would save for the TSE3 instead of headers since emission laws will kill you.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
they are so expensive and emmissions are terrible. i really want the gains from the headers
Well if you can get around the emission laws go ahead. But at least in Sacramento it would be impossible to run catless headers. Just keep that in mind before making a purchase! I recommend doing lots of research before you do any mods. Thats what I did, and it paid off. Didn't waste any money.

And headers won't give you thaaat many gains. Better off with a shark tune and a sprint booster!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts