BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you O.G's know i lived in jersey all my life and after an unfortunate bout with my previous employer i decided to move to the midwest. i have worked at bmw dealers for 15yrs now and the #1 goal with bmw as a whole is great customer service.

over the years i have had situations with mistakes on a number of fanatics vehicles (james s-class color match, jeff e39-that guy was too picky, and a few others) BUT NEVER EVER did i disrespect any of the fanatics on here or any customer for that matter and this brings up a valuble lesson that i have kept my mouth shut about for many months since the NOOB'Z have taken over e46fanatics.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! there is a place for everyone in this business i suppose but the guys who make the investment in the top notch equipment and send their techs to training and then value nothing more than making sure their customer is taken care of are the guys who get my vote for the real regional sponsors. it burns my asss to see guys tout false claims of being certified or using certain approved equipment just to make a quick buck but in the long run the CREAM RISES TO THE TOP!

feel free to flame away, its blatantly obvious who the quality players are in this market and its also blatantly obvious whos "boys" have hyped whos name just to make a quick buck

over and out :blah::blah::blah:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Nice tags Tommy lol. But I agree 100%. Respect is #1 in my book and being so blatenly disrespected makes me wonder how certain shops ever do business.

·
MOdding process
559 Posts
You the man tommy

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I only got paint done by you Tommy. Come back home.

·
BMW Factory Trained
921 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
come home Tommy, we miss you buddy! w

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
See even years later, people still love this guy. I wonder if the same will be said about the sponsors here now...but for now MA FTMFW! They will be handling my new kit.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts

·
Registered
16,039 Posts
If I get a 50% discount, I would def promote that sponsor. That's how you do business. If it is not for the mouney, they just wouldn't do it. If you can't afford it, or maybe you are just tired of the shops and their incopetent techs. Just do what I do, DIY all you can and go the extra mile. Or there is a (bentley manual) read it and do your home work before going to any shop. They will LMAO on your back.

At the end of the day.

The End Justifies The Means That's how you get $$$, Even if the mean is ripping people off.

Good thread....

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
This sounds like a direct stab at one of the shop sponsors on here. Setting rediculously low prices for services make the shop look desperate for work & ruins the entire market for everyone else. In the end, you get what you pay for, always.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Once again, I agree Tommy. I've seen jobs done by "low-priced" shops, and even have had some work done myself from a few shops. In the end, i'd rather pay a premium to get the job done right. This is why i've been a HUGE supporter of MAC ever since i found them a while back, as long as they're still around i'm never taking my car or any of my fam's cars ANYWHERE else.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I completely agree with Tommy, things I been told to do by a shop for them to make money.

-Raj
Does MA do body work right there in there shop?

·
Registered
94 Posts
WHata Buncha Haters Stay in Wi, and keep hating from the sideline.. no ones twisting fanatics arms and making them go to This Unnamed shop.
if the so called other sponsors for this tri state gave reasonable prices for the same work or BETTER ur gonna get at THE UNnamed shop then more people would go there and there woudnt be so many fanatics posting their appreciation for that shop.
so stop the crying, HATERSSS.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Just jumping in on what everyone said, it's all true. There are two types of businesses in this world (no matter what that business may be):
1) places that always do work cheaper and do cheap work - these shops don't care about customers as much because sooo many people come in for the prices that losing a few customers here or there in the long run does not change the profit because new customers are constantly being drawn in by prices.
2) those places that have "higher" prices and rarely (if ever) give discounts. These shops value every single customer and their reputation is more important than anything. They don't have "as big" of a customer base because they take their time and do **** right the first time. Every customer is as important as the next and it shows.

In the long run "the CHEAP COMES OUT EXPENSIVE" (thanks judge Millian)

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
WHata Buncha Haters Stay in Wi, and keep hating from the sideline.. no ones twisting fanatics arms and making them go to This Unnamed shop.
if the so called other sponsors for this tri state gave reasonable prices for the same work or BETTER ur gonna get at THE UNnamed shop then more people would go there and there woudnt be so many fanatics posting their appreciation for that shop.
so stop the crying, HATERSSS.
daniel is mad.

·
Registered
227 Posts
well I will be at MA next month so we will see how that goes b/c they will be doing quite a few things for me...so far they have been great as evidenced w/the install of my performance pedals and adjusting of my factory stereo :thumbsup:

Ask yourself one thing:

"when was the last time I paid a LOT less for something and didnt have to make any type of compromises whatsoever to be at that price?"

·
Registered
227 Posts
Also IMO, a lot of the members here are to blame for this "Low Price or No deal" mentality....they fail to realize that its ok to "overpay" if you feel ur being valued and that any issues u ever have will get resolved b/c of ur loyalty to that place and the high quality of their work/service....its gotten to the point w/me that if i pay too little (which I dont mind at all), im left wondering where did i get corners cut or just why is it soooo cheap :dunno: :huh:

too many people go on the internet and trumpet how amazing of a deal they got on things they cant prove and everyone goes in a frenzy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts