BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I'm planning on doing a muffler delete and I already got a guy who can weld the pipes together (as i recall muffler delete usually doesnt require bending any pipes) and I was wondering where can I get the chrome piping thats going to take place of the muffler? Any other things I should know about the muffler delete?

·
Registered
477 Posts
You'd be looking for stainless piping, not chrome. If you have dual piping all the way back I think you'd be looking at 5 feet of piping total (2.5'/per). I was going to go this route myself and had PM'd Solidjake about piping length because he had his setup for sale. He said "The overall length with curves/tip was 29/30 inches. The tips were like 6 inches long and the pipes probably 25 inches or so each". Good luck, post clips.

As far as not bending, I'm not so sure about that. You might want to have a look, it will depend where you cut off your stock exhaust.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You'd be looking for stainless piping, not chrome. If you have dual piping all the way back I think you'd be looking at 5 feet of piping total (2.5'/per). I was going to go this route myself and had PM'd Solidjake about piping length because he had his setup for sale. He said "The overall length with curves/tip was 29/30 inches. The tips were like 6 inches long and the pipes probably 25 inches or so each". Good luck, post clips.

As far as not bending, I'm not so sure about that. You might want to have a look, it will depend where you cut off your stock exhaust.
+1. what he said

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm anyone aware of any muffler shops around me? and how much am i looking at for price for this whole process

·
Registered
251 Posts
First off its called tubing not piping! Pipes are pvc, abs, bras, copper... nothing to do with a cars exhaust.

Here's my exhaust from a while ago, extremely easy no bends and used stock tips so its sleeper status :4ngie:

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Go here
Class 1 Electronics Llc.
1 US Highway 22, Green Brook, NJ

They did it for $80. I cant tell you how good it is quality wise, just keep an eye and inspect his work before the car goes down. they have piping, just bring your own tips

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just a suggestion, when I did a muffler delete, my shop allowed me to test drive it and see how I liked it. I decided that it was too open ended above 4k RPM, not enough power up there and it sounded too raspy. I have a glasspack resonator installed in the mufflers place and its pure sex to me. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Go here
Class 1 Electronics Llc.
1 US Highway 22, Green Brook, NJ

They did it for $80. I cant tell you how good it is quality wise, just keep an eye and inspect his work before the car goes down. they have piping, just bring your own tips
Tubing!
I only paid $18 for TUBING then did it myself

·
Registered
251 Posts
No exhaust mount?

Above the right tip I welded on a tab that's bolted to some hole behind the bumper but I need to redo it so it's not solid mounted

·
Registered
477 Posts
^ Maybe you should try to center it while you're at it. It wont be so "Sleeper status" when your bumper starts to melt. BTW, you keep correcting people on "Tubing" yet you are straight "piped" in your sig.; maybe you should be straight "tubed".

·
Registered
251 Posts
^ Maybe you should try to center it while you're at it. It wont be so "Sleeper status" when your bumper starts to melt. BTW, you keep correcting people on "Tubing" yet you are straight "piped" in your sig.; maybe you should be straight "tubed".
If I were to try and center the tips then it would be pointing to the left and would look r!cer as fvck. the only way to fix it is to replace all the tubing and rebend it so it drags out more to the driver side. The tips don't get hot enough to melt the bumper, there's not enough surface to retain heat. I have had this set up for almost a year but thank you for your concern. Yes it's called straight piped but you don't call the exhaust tubing "piping" it's incorrect and will make you look like you know nothing to more knowledgeable people. I happen to be a fabricator and work construction on the side so I have a little bit of knowledge on the differences of the two words.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts