E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone own a set of original BMW e46 330ci convertible mud flaps. Looking to put them on my 2004 BMW convertible.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,989 Posts
Have you looked at fcpeuro after looking at realoem.com? Someone will have them.

Where are you that you're up at 5 a.m. thinking about mudflaps? :) Welcome to fanatics.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,781 Posts
E46 mudflaps seem to have gone NLA sometime ago and rarely come up on the used market. Like the proverbial hen's teeth these days.
Mudflaps amongst many other things in the accessory catalog are some of the first to disappear.
Flea Bay?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Mudflaps amongst many other things in the accessory catalog are some of the first to disappear.
Flea Bay?
Damn straight...I tried to buy the BWM cockpit cover for the E46 convertible - covers the seating area of the car when the top is in the open position- and I was SOL because they are NLA....I eventually found one used.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Best to look at the bone yard...I found 2 X3s at the bone yard and they were picked over but there were some items there that I was wanting and they were practically given to me...the yard how ever was a 2 hour drive away my excuse...the car needs a good highway run! Caution on a return run one of the X3s had been sent to the crusher...man I could have used those tinted windows.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you looked at fcpeuro after looking at realoem.com? Someone will have them.

Where are you that you're up at 5 a.m. thinking about mudflaps? :) Welcome to fanatics.
Hello, Thanks for the welcome. I have checked FCPEURO and it says backorder so I believe they don't produce them anymore.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Just for mentioning, because some of you aim to keep your cars for a much longer period of time than average.

I service a large number of vintage BMW's, parts are becoming scarce. When you call a dealer and if the item is on back-order, PLACE IT.

Somewhere in the deep recesses of BMW AG Parts there people that actually look at B/O status. If there's enough requests AND they think they could "do another run" they'll look at it. It does happen sometimes....
However if you don't place the order, that process never happens.

You have no obligation to take the part, should it show up in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just for mentioning, because some of you aim to keep your cars for a much longer period of time than average.

I service a large number of vintage BMW's, parts are becoming scarce. When you call a dealer and if the item is on back-order, PLACE IT.

Somewhere in the deep recesses of BMW AG Parts there people that actually look at B/O status. If there's enough requests AND they think they could "do another run" they'll look at it. It does happen sometimes....
However if you don't place the order, that process never happens.

You have no obligation to take the part, should it show up in the future.
I see, but there is no way for me to "place" or order anything it's basically saying discontinued. I would but there is no option.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I do it all the time with vintage parts. Will the part show up in 10 days, NO.
However if you're one of those that will keep the car for another 10 years.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do it all the time with vintage parts. Will the part show up in 10 days, NO.
However if you're one of those that will keep the car for another 10 years.....
oh ok, yes I tried and there's no way to acquire it. I did email them and I will see what they say if not I will until one comes up for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts