E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
First 19" ZHP
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do I need to remove the bumper to take out the grill. I recently hit a cat and I am replacing my black grid. can swap it out without removing the bumper?

·
First 19" ZHP
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that damn cat ran in the middle of the road i slamme don my brakes and he knocks out my foglight, foglight cover and breaks my grill

·
is on da floor
2,351 Posts
nikemykee said:
that damn cat ran in the middle of the road i slamme don my brakes and he knocks out my foglight, foglight cover and breaks my grill
god damn! stupid cat. dogs > cats. i'm not sure on that bro, i myself need to install the adapter that goes behind that grill and above the air ducts. but it looks like it will be a bumper removal project for me.

·
Registered Abuser
1,008 Posts
Mike, IIRC, you need to remove the bumper. The adapter attaches to the back of the grid, which attaches to the central intake tube on the car. I suspect that you might be able to do it without removing the bumper, but I don't think it would be easy.

Sorry to hear about the cat.

·
Registered Abuser
1,008 Posts
Have you looked at it yet? It just clips into place. There are clips molded onto the inside of the bumper and the grid snaps onto those. See if you can reach under the bumper and unsnap it.

If you want some help, shoot me a pm and I can give you a hand.

-Dave

·
First 19" ZHP
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks a lot dave i was able to remove the old grid and put the new one in without removing any screws, i just cut the old one out and slid the new one in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.