BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, there's a lot of threads about coupe front bumper fitment on sedans, but not many closeup photos.

I've searched and I know it is possible to retrofit coupe bumpers (Clem's ride) onto a sedan, and ppl have been saying anywhere between 90% to 99% fitment.

Does anyone have closeup pictures of the fitment (especially around the fenders/wheel wells) so that I can get a better idea of how the lines and curves of the coupe match up with the existing lines from the sedan? I'm particularlly interested in photos of straight installs without any bodyshop modifications.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
they are the same...my front bumper fits perfectly and it came from a members sedan...the side skirts are totally diff. lengths though due to the coupes having larger wheel well openings, the sedan sides are longer...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cls1000 said:
they are the same...my front bumper fits perfectly and it came from a members sedan...the side skirts are totally diff. lengths though due to the coupes having larger wheel well openings, the sedan sides are longer...
Do you know about the other way around? I'm looking to put a coupe bumper onto my sedan.

Anyoen have closeup photos?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PsynceFiction said:
Here you go :thumbsup:
PsynceFiction,
Your ride is hot!

Thanks! The fitment doesn't look too bad at all! Did you require any extra hardware to install? Or is it a simple swap (+changing out your existing aluminum bumper carrier.. it's the same on coupe and sedan right?)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks! :)

Don't know man. I had an accident with the original front and replaced it with an M-Tech II coupe. The garage did their work they had to do. Wasn't involved in the whole swap. Sorry...

And ow yeah... they're def. not the same. Coupe is a bit wider then sedan.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts