E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello guys just a quick question i hope somebody can help. I always work with ms42 and ms43 ecu so im not new to tuning stuff. But now i want to update my ms430066 version to 0069 version without the ews delete, can i use the ms4x flasher and do full write of the 0069 version bin on my ecu? Or i need to be in boot mode and use another flasher?

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk
Anyone can answer please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
Got a weird one on my hands. And I thought maybe somebody experienced something similar.
Ms43 mapped by Digital tuning solutions in the uk already.
Ecu won't read through any software. Ms4x flasher cannot identify the ecu. Tried the ecu in a different car, same thing. Other ecu's work perfectly fine.
Even Inpa doesn't read the ecu but car runs perfectly fine on the said ecu.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi All,
Got a weird one on my hands. And I thought maybe somebody experienced something similar.
Ms43 mapped by Digital tuning solutions in the uk already.
Ecu won't read through any software. Ms4x flasher cannot identify the ecu. Tried the ecu in a different car, same thing. Other ecu's work perfectly fine.
Even Inpa doesn't read the ecu but car runs perfectly fine on the said ecu.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?
I think this a kind of lock made by the tuner so nobody can copy his file and sell it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think this a kind of lock made by the tuner so nobody can copy his file and sell it...

That's what I'm thinking. Wonder if there is a way to remove it... Really don't wanna buy a new ecu just to lower limiter and do an icv delete

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello guys im having a trouble with jm garage flasher it wont connect to the ecu and i need to change the vin number and isn inside the ecu, and it cant be done without a boot mode. My question is can i use ms4x flasher in boot mode instead of jm garage flasher?

·
Registered
02 325 coupe
39 Posts
Hello guys im having a trouble with jm garage flasher it wont connect to the ecu and i need to change the vin number and isn inside the ecu, and it cant be done without a boot mode. My question is can i use ms4x flasher in boot mode instead of jm garage flasher?

I believe so... my sedan i never put into boot mode and used ms4x and changed the 64k file... I think it does it without removing the ecu so you don't have to worry about screwing up the ecu with electrostatic discharge or whatever

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys.
Installed MS4x Flasher. I generated a license file and placed it in the program directory. But the program is not activated. I tried it on a pc with win 7 sp3 and a laptop with win 8. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help please
I cant seem to get MS4x flasher going - I have downloaded the latest file, extracted from it using the password and had my pc identify it as a trojan, which I then found was supposedly due to some protection, I have now alllowed it on a dev machine and it runs but it never gets to the stage of giving me a hardware id so i can get a licence generated. and it never identifies a usb cable (the same cable I used on ms42, now need / want ms43 to work)

I have searched everywhere for an earlier or later file and have the 03 and 04 versions and they look physically different but are still non functional

so does anyone have a "ms4x flasher exe" thats is working order that can be shared via dropbox / google drive etc I suspect I am not the only one with the same problem

Help

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help please
I cant seem to get MS4x flasher going - I have downloaded the latest file, extracted from it using the password and had my pc identify it as a trojan, which I then found was supposedly due to some protection, I have now alllowed it on a dev machine and it runs but it never gets to the stage of giving me a hardware id so i can get a licence generated. and it never identifies a usb cable (the same cable I used on ms42, now need / want ms43 to work)

I have searched everywhere for an earlier or later file and have the 03 and 04 versions and they look physically different but are still non functional

so does anyone have a "ms4x flasher exe" thats is working order that can be shared via dropbox / google drive etc I suspect I am not the only one with the same problem

Help

Thanks
it does this to mee too its due to the way it works i guess i just set it ti be ignored by my AV program

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help run the program. An error occurs at startup. Framework is installed, updates are installed. Once this program worked without problems, but at some point it stopped working. I tried to download it again, it did not help. Windows 7 32bit
err.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi, im having issues connecting the ms4x flasher to the ecu in bootmode. im able to get it to connect without going into boot mode though. i also cannot connect using jmgarage.

edit: solved

·
Registered
E46 325CI Manual 2001
10 Posts
hello, i do have a question...the flasher was working before updating the firmware from ms430066 to ms430069 but now when i wanna read partial or full it says failed to reset communication...i mention that inpa and ista are working perfectly fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Fanatics,

We, the MS4X dev group, are proud to announce the release of a new flasher for Siemens MS42 and MS43 ECU series :excited:

The best thing first: this flasher significantly boosts read and write speeds for both, partial (30 seconds) and full (2 minutes) flashes.

Beside that, there are other very handy features integrated into the flasher:

• automatic detection for MS42 and MS43
  • (fixed) automatic checksum correction
  • EWS3 key sync and reset (exact copy of INPA)
  • adaptions reset
  • battery voltage safety check before flashing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKwSqYBEybI

Before you can use the flashing capabilities, you have to register your hardware ID and put the downloaded licence file into the flasher directory.

Licences are time limited to 1 year and the program will remind you to reactivate three days before ending date.

Don't hesitate asking questions or report bugs! Make sure to install FTDI drivers ;)

Happy flashing 👍

Download:
Activation:
Changelog:

v1.0

• Initial release
v1.01
  • Hardware ID will show at startup if an FTDI cable is detected
v1.02
  • Icon updated to new logo
  • MS42 fullflash bug fixed
  • Minor spelling fixes
v1.03
  • New encryption settings for less AV false positives
v1.1.3
  • Checksum corrector for local files
  • DTC reader (incl. raw output)
  • Various bugfixes
Where is the flasher directory? Like where it was un-rar'd? Ex. c:\user\documents\ms4x. That's the only place I can think you meaning. Brain bricked. I can't get past this activate. I have the license and tried various things. I'm just trying to make a Bmw rocket ship minus the rocket science. Hep meh Pleasuhh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where is the flasher directory? Like where it was un-rar'd? Ex. c:\user\documents\ms4x. That's the only place I can think you meaning. Brain bricked. I can't get past this activate. I have the license and tried various things. I'm just trying to make a Bmw rocket ship minus the rocket science. Hep meh Pleasuhh
Make sure you have the license in the same folder you have the MS4X app, wherever it may be, and you have to install the .net 4.7.2 or else you will probably have activation issues.
You have it full on my post, post number 172 on this thread.

161 - 180 of 220 Posts