E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Use 7zip to unpack it.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk
Gonna try later on thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
Use 7zip to unpack it.

Thanks it finally worked.

Reactions: magnat2

·
Registered
721 Posts
SUP! Again
I got the flasher to unzip fine. Thanks to magnat again.
PROBLEM NOW IS: now when i try to activate it
It keeps saying "your copy of this application is not activated"

Went to the activation page and entered my ECU ID and the license generates.
I click on the license file after downloading, it opens the dev flasher and gives me the not activated message.
I tried 7 times, got 7 duplicate Lic files.

WTF to try next, getting kinda antsy, ready to start pulling hair soon.

Just in case Im using win7 Pro 64bit, i did the cable tweak with the latency timer and all that as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SUP! Again
I got the flasher to unzip fine. Thanks to magnat again.
PROBLEM NOW IS: now when i try to activate it
It keeps saying "your copy of this application is not activated"

Went to the activation page and entered my ECU ID and the license generates.
I click on the license file after downloading, it opens the dev flasher and gives me the not activated message.
I tried 7 times, got 7 duplicate Lic files.

WTF to try next, getting kinda antsy, ready to start pulling hair soon.

Just in case Im using win7 Pro 64bit, i did the cable tweak with the latency timer and all that as well.
Here, try this one, install the .net file first, then try to activate.
You're welcome

·
Registered
721 Posts
Here, try this one, install the .net file first, then try to activate.
You're welcome

It didnt work!!
I put the LIC file in the same folder as the app and no go again.
Basically I followed your instructions to a Tee. I'm starting to think this program is either bullshit or not working anymore, as i scrolled back seeing I'm not the only one with this issue. I've been toying with this for a week or 2 or 3 now.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I see they even updated the application file on MS4X last night (6/7/21) to version 1.2.2
https://www.ms4x.net/images/c/ce/MS4X_Dev_Flasher_v1.2.2.rar

IT DOES THE SAME GOD DAMN THING!
i even put the lic file in the folder again too, I'm more than trying but this is too much hassle to go through.
I did the 4.7 thing Magnat sent earlier to no avail

·
Registered
2002 BMW E46 330i
208 Posts
I see they even updated the application file on MS4X last night (6/7/21) to version 1.2.2
https://www.ms4x.net/images/c/ce/MS4X_Dev_Flasher_v1.2.2.rar

IT DOES THE SAME GOD DAMN THING!
i even put the lic file in the folder again too, I'm more than trying but this is too much hassle to go through.
I did the 4.7 thing Magnat sent earlier to no avail
I had the same issue you did. It’s very finicky. For me I extracted the folder from the rar file downloaded on my computer and didn’t know where to put the license key for the longest time. Once I learned where It went I had the same issue you did. It will only activate the license key if the .lic file and ms4x flasher are in the same folder and the name of the license key cannot denote it is a duplicate. For example if your license key file name is license(1).lic you have to change it to license.lic otherwise it won’t work. Oh and don’t have more than one license key in the folder with the flasher app

View attachment 929476

Mucho fuego es bueno.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had the same issue you did. It’s very finicky. For me I extracted the folder from the rar file downloaded on my computer and didn’t know where to put the license key for the longest time. Once I learned where I went I had the same issue you did. It will only activate the license key if the .lic file and ms4x flasher are in the same folder and the name of the license key cannot denote it is a duplicate. For example if your license key file name is license(1).lic you have to change it to license.lic otherwise it won’t work. Oh and don’t have more than one license key in the folder with the flasher app

View attachment 929476

Mucho fuego es bueno.
My MAN!!!

FINALLY!
Thank you!!!!
I owe you a 6pack of your choice
(1st thought) Why wasn’t that mentioned anywhere until now?!

Now to straighten out the issue with my bench setup! got the pins straight, triple checked.
Idk if my power supply is enough 12v @ 1.5amps (some ppl say it’s fine some say 5amps & up)

·
Registered
2002 BMW E46 330i
208 Posts
My MAN!!!

FINALLY!
Thank you!!!!
I owe you a 6pack of your choice
(1st thought) Why wasn’t that mentioned anywhere until now?!

Now to straighten out the issue with my bench setup! got the pins straight, triple checked.
Idk if my power supply is enough 12v @ 1.5amps (some ppl say it’s fine some say 5amps & up)

You’re very welcome btw I’m 18 so I’ll take a 6 pack of La croix

Mucho fuego es bueno.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for a noob question...

Before you can use the flashing capabilities, you have to register your hardware ID and put the downloaded licence file into the flasher directory

Where do you get hardware ID?

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
537 Posts
Sorry for a noob question...

Before you can use the flashing capabilities, you have to register your hardware ID and put the downloaded licence file into the flasher directory

Where do you get hardware ID?
When you plug it into your car you will get a hardware ID and you go here MS4x Flasher License Generator and activate it. Download the file and you should be good.

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
537 Posts
I see. I guess it can do the same things as JMGarage? Looking to remove EWS to install a remote starter
Yes, the difference is that JMGarage REQUIRES boot mode.
I don't know if you can remove EWS with the MS4X flasher. You will have to ask the experts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes i don't think boot mode is required for much. I remember deleting ews on ms41 2 years ago, did not need the boot mode.
Jmgarage just won't work, can connect 1 time out of 20 after grounding the pin and then it won't read

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
537 Posts
Yes i don't think boot mode is required for much. I remember deleting ews on ms41 2 years ago, did not need the boot mode.
Jmgarage just won't work, can connect 1 time out of 20 after grounding the pin and then it won't read
Well if you still want to go the boot mode route, this might help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks I'll take a look! All I wanna do with the DME is disable EWS to install a remote starter, as I did previously with 528i 1998. And update dme firmware to the latest version

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi @sda2 , do you perhaps know where I can get XDF file for 0110CA firmware version ?
I've searched on ms4x.net but can find for CA and C6 only..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Hi @sda2 , do you perhaps know where I can get XDF file for 0110CA firmware version ?
I've searched on ms4x.net but can find for CA and C6 only..
We decided to proceed with C6, since an A2L is available for that.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts