E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have recently completed replacing the headers on my 04 ZHP and in that process do not need the secondary o2 sensors or air pump. I have searched many forum posts and stuff talking of all the tools i need (which i have downloaded and bought, such as the cable, INPA, NCS dummy/expert, WinKFP, Tunerpro, and MS45 Flasher.), but all of the videos and old posts are confusing and contain many different methods of doing so. I have already coded some modules on the car so i know the cable and programs work correctly, all i need to do now is disable the emissions checks. What would be the best way of going about this using the tools described? thanks.

ALSO i heard a ton about the euro2 flash, since it had different emissions checks than the US and therefore does not have catalyst monitoring, but i cannot find any file or anything to flash this myself.

·
Registered
540 Posts

You may be able to update the ecu to an EU flash using winkfp, not 100% sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi @clayton8or
i'm facing the same issue and my car has the MS45 ECU, i removed my cats and couldn't find anyone that's able to program MS45 in my country, they recommended to swap to MS43, and you know what does it mean: i have to change a lot of parts (Engine harness, O2 sensors and a lot more).
is it possible now to flash MS45 and program it without CATs?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi @clayton8or
i'm facing the same issue and my car has the MS45 ECU, i removed my cats and couldn't find anyone that's able to program MS45 in my country, they recommended to swap to MS43, and you know what does it mean: i have to change a lot of parts (Engine harness, O2 sensors and a lot more).
is it possible now to flash MS45 and program it without CATs?
You can visit the website posted above. MS43 swaps are not all that necessary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can visit the website posted above. MS43 swaps are not all that necessary.

Thank you for your help, because i have the MS45 ECU i need to order the bimmergeeks pro K+DCAN cable.
This cable brand is not available here and bimmergeeks doesn't ship to my country, i was wondering if it's possible to be done with another high quality C+DCAN cable.

And i still need to know if the ECU hardware will be broken or it can be restored if something happened while flashing and programming it, for example: dead battery or cable problem.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thank you for your help, because i have the MS45 ECU i need to order the bimmergeeks pro K+DCAN cable.
This cable brand is not available here and bimmergeeks doesn't ship to my country, i was wondering if it's possible to be done with another high quality C+DCAN cable.

And i still need to know if the ECU hardware will be broken or it can be restored if something happened while flashing and programming it, for example: dead battery or cable problem.
We often find that most generic cables have a hard time keeping up with the long flash times and demands of an ecu like MS45, because of their counterfeit chips and buggy firmware.
BimmerGeeks should be able to ship internationally, ask them.
My company (the one I link above) should be receiving our first test batch of cables soon so, we will make sure they are up to the demands of MS45 flashing, if so, they will be for sale on the website as well.

Because of the boot sector and program section layout of MS45, it’s virtually impossible to brick this DME, though sometimes it may require bench BDM recovery. In MOST cases, if a cable where to drop signal mid-flash or battery were to die, you can usually recover and reset the ecu via obd2. If performing long flashes, you should always have the battery on a battery tender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But my ECU is MS45 or MS45.1, so it's not easy.
For MS43 it's easy.
no?
Ive figured this all out by now, thanks for the assistance- if anyone needs help doing a similar thing i can probably explain it decently with MS45 Flasher and TunerPro as the programs used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive figured this all out by now, thanks for the assistance- if anyone needs help doing a similar thing i can probably explain it decently with MS45 Flasher and TunerPro as the programs used.
Good to hear that, if you can explain how you did it using MS45 Flasher & TunerPro it would be nice and very helpful for the community.
What problem you encountered before? is it related to the O2 sensors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to hear that, if you can explain how you did it using MS45 Flasher & TunerPro it would be nice and very helpful for the community.
What problem you encountered before? is it related to the O2 sensors?
The MS45 flasher is a pretty simple program, just reads and saves the BIN from the car, and can upload edited ones.
Editing the bins is accomplished with tunerpro with the bin itself, and a definition file (xdf), these can be found on the ms4x wiki, as well as a ton of terms with exact definitions, such as related to here, the o2 and cat monitor disable checks. Go into the program with the bin and definition, edit it with the values you want (SAVE A BACKUP), then upload it to the car with the flasher.

Only hardware required is a proper bimmergeeks k+dcan cable, the amazon ones wont work properly for this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts