BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a deal on a 2004 330 convertible that I could not pass up. I plan on swapping the engine, transmission, axles, & brakes into my 01 touring. I will need to convert the 3 liter to ms43. I know I will need to swap the precat o2 sensors, the alternator, the air temp sensor & the secondary force as well as source the larger mass air sensor. I am thinking of flashing the euro 2 software into the dme when I put the 3 liter programming into it. I have read some posts that say they no longer get a check engine bulb check with the euro 2 software & can't pass a safety inspection, is this true? Is there anything else I need to swap that I am not thinking of between engines?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did a similar thing to you, swapped my 01 325ci with a m54b30 from an e39. Had EU2 software flashed, was running catless headers and SAP delete. No check engine light whatsoever and passed emissions fine. I was already ms43 so that was easier but as for the tune, should work just fine. If you want more info on the software flashing I'd talk to BaliDawg, he walked me through it and was a huge help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts