E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I wanted to make a full thread about my Turbo 328ci swapped to MS43 but I'm having some ECU problems.

Parts I have swapped:
330i Throttle body
330i Electrical Pedal
MS43
and M50 Intake Manifold

The car starts and idles fine after I flashed the MS43( w/ Idle Control Valve and Post O2 Deletes), however my throttle isn't working and I think the car is in limp mode
(EML light on even when I clear codes).
I'm sure I wired everything correctly because the idle works fine and car even revs a little but then stops a 1.5k to 2k RPM.

The codes I have are P0222, P0123, P1632 (along with P0444 because I deleted the purge valve)
I have tried two different TBs, and reset adaptions each time.

When I check in the Torque app live data I see that there isn't any signal under the throttle position graph ( no value, not even 0% or 100%)
This is making its a wiring issue from the TB to the MS43, but I still have no fix yet. Have any of you guys had any similar issues? and how did you fix them?

·
Registered
622 Posts
It could be a bad throttle pedal. I have them come into the shop like that where they won’t rev, just idle and a bad pedal will do that. Usually it starts getting glitching but sometimes they just die with no glitches. I have seen it quite a few times over the years. That’s all I can think of I’ve never done ms42 to 43 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright ill try that, but is there a way to check physically if there is signal coming from the TB, Pedal, or ECU? because if that doesn't work I have no other parts to change out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be a bad throttle pedal. I have them come into the shop like that where they won’t rev, just idle and a bad pedal will do that. Usually it starts getting glitching but sometimes they just die with no glitches. I have seen it quite a few times over the years. That’s all I can think of I’ve never done ms42 to 43 conversion.

But I was also thinking that this couldn't be possible because I am not getting any pedal codes, if it was the pedal I would get codes; P1122, P1123 and other Pedal related codes?
All the codes I got were Throttle related

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,741 Posts
Is there some benefit to ICV delete?
After all it is a mini throttle valve that handles a lot more than idle.
Check out this video. Shows ICV, TB, Tach, and injection time, all in one composite video from start-up, various small and large revs and shutdown. Awesome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Tried a new Gas Pedal from an know working M3 still getting the same issue unfortunately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there some benefit to ICV delete?
After all it is a mini throttle valve that handles a lot more than idle.
Check out this video. Shows ICV, TB, Tach, and injection time, all in one composite video from start-up, various small and large revs and shutdown. Awesome!
Alright thanks, I’ll look into this and I’ll try to reinstall the ICV maybe that’s the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update, I fixed the problem. When I wired the throttle Body I flipped the wiring so it was a simple fix and car revs fine now.

Im probably gonna make a new thread going over the entire build from scratch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts