E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fanatics,

Kburger here again. 750,000 miles on the 2000 323ci thanks to this forum and great members. I'm still having some throttle body issues due to the throttle body round 10 pin connector is pretty worn out. Some of the wires have metal exposed. I am looking for the pin and wire and blue bushing on the wire part to buy and install into the connector to rewire the engine harness with a new throttle body connector. There is a great writeup on how to do this job with a special rubber grommet that fits over the new connector to seal it from dirt. the pin/wire/blue bushing part number is 61-13-0-007-656. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of 10 or 20 of these? They list as no longer available, anywhere.
Thanks,
Kburger

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pelican parts has it listed as a special order. The order went through. Will see if they can fill it or not.
Kburger

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
9,412 Posts
I'm assuming you grabbed the information from Frankie's BMW site?

If someone can point me to where in the ETK that wire is (#656) I might be able to help?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i'm getting this shipped lets see what shows up. thanks for your help.
kevin

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
has anyone successfully done this repair? My local shop guy is very good on e46 he claims you cant just replace the connector because its too sensitive to tiny voltage changes and the solder joints will screw up the proper voltages. I'm thinking maybe cut 1/4 inch off each wire and remove half the strands from each side and carefully make solder joints to end up with basically the same conductivity as original wire?
kburger

·
Registered
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L and 2.0L Z3's
1,404 Posts
After every potentiometer in the MDK, there is a resistor of around 800 ohms in series with the potentiometer output.. A 0.5 ohm poor solder joint is not going to make any difference to the overall resistance seen by the DME. It's a non-event.

Have a look at the document in this link. How to Clean the M52TU MDK Throttle Body Potentiometers

There is a resistance test sheet in there that may be of interest to you. The output resistance of any potentiometer does not drop below 1,000 ohms.

How does 800 ohm become >1,000 ohms? It's all in the way the potentiometers and resistors are connected. Series/parallel stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts