E46 Fanatics Forum banner
381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, I took a little time to write out all of the changes that need to be made. Its pretty much exactly as simple as TerraPhantm is making it out to be (sorry it took me so long to realize what you've been saying all along).

From what I can tell, the bulk of the changes are that pins become non-functional. Unless I'm being presumptuous about pin functionality, there's about 14 pins that will no longer do anything or go anywhere. One pin will have to be moved to a new location. And there are 14 pins that will have to go to new wiring harnesses. 6 of those pins will go to the new throttle body wiring harness, another 6 will go to the pedal position switch, and the last 2 will go to an emissions circuit which is to-be-determined. It would probably be wise to disconnect those non-functional pins so they dont act like an antenna and bring EMI or other engine noises past all of the electronics filters in the DME.

Here's a spreadsheet of what I've observed thus far: PIN_REASSIGNMENT.pdf
Can you send this pin reassignment in an email or something please I’m having trouble with mine right now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fwiw your describing limp mode. I would start double checking my connections are right by verification of each wire and a continuity test on each wire I touched. It may not be an answer. It's just where I would start testing. Did you clear all your adaptations in inpa?

Electrical wiring Computer hardware Technology Cable Audio equipment

Font Plastic wrap Plastic Ingredient Chemical compound

Also fwiw.... 90 % of electrical issues are from bad grounds. (According to simple digital systems, the peeps who made my stand alone)

I actually cut out all my connections and replaced them with these sodder/waterproof shrink wrap connectors... they are the shit. Bought from Summit , the 18/20 gauge ones.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

381 - 383 of 383 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.