E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Holy fuck...I can't keep up lol I'll just look at the spreadsheets and drool on myself.

Do I need to continue to find the differences in the physical data collection points or are we good on that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sorry guys, I've been predisposed working doubles in the heat.

Am I correct in reading that all the engine sensors are the same between MS42 and MS43? I made it to logging all the p/ns for the 328.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Still waiting for the seller to get his rear in gear. As soon as he pulls all the parts, I'll have the install ready. Could be a while though...some finances need to be organized right now.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Get an external FPR and mount it to the M52tu fuel rail and use the MS43 DME and so it right. You're doing the opposite essentially.... Swapping the block and keeping the 323 electronics.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Bump...Still no word from seller. Assuming he either died or has no idea how to take apart a car.

I put the word in for a friend of mine who is buying totaled e46s and parting them out. He's got me covered should he find a nice totaled 330.

Now that I have three jobs, I'd like to get this project back in motion. I have the throttle body, and nothing else :facepalm:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Chuzo, do you have any pictures of your fuel line swap? I'm looking into buying a rail and injectors for some cheap coin, I need to replace my fuel filter, planning on doing the conversion when I replace it with the B30 filter and we can at least check one thing off of my mods list.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Fifty dollar deposit sent to Bavarian Motorhaus for the following:

• MS43 DME
  • EWS and Ignition Cylinder
  • All Keys in your possession
  • Driver Door, Glove Box and Trunk Lock Cores
  • 3 pin MAF
  • Engine Harness
  • E-Gas Pedal

For $300 that is what I will be receiving once I pay the remaining $250. :thanks:

·
Registered
757 Posts
My car now has a new fuel filter, along with a new fuel rail and 24#/hour injectors!!! Install went off without a hitch. The 328 fuel lines were able to be cut and spliced to fit the new filter and single line in rail. Idle has settled back at 600rpm. No noticeable power gains yet, but with the MS43 software that will be easily fixed. :excited:

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.