E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys here we go finally we cna be like those guys out there with the nice angel eyes cuz MINE SUCK...ok after doign alot of research...i foudn a guy here in Los Angeles who can get me these blubs for a great price. they are the Oshio ones that Mac Fly i beleive used
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/jcmr12v50wfl.html

MSRP on them is like 19 and they go for 18 on that site BUT they dont ahve any in and wont be getting any in anytime soon. THe place that i found can get me each bulb for 14.95 which is damn good deal imo. The only thing is that i has to order a case and each case has 10 in it...so in order to order then case i have to assure him that tehre will be 4 people other then me that will buy the bulbs. This is a great deal and i know alot of people want the bulbs incliding me...if ur in LA i can give u his number abd u can talk directly to him and if ur not here in LA you call him and arrange shipping. For those who are interesested please email me at [email protected] or post a reply.
As of right now 1(me) down, 4 to go.
P.s. im posting it in the general board cuz everyone who looks for DDE info and fix it problems looks in this board and this is not a for sale ad.

:pimpin: :pimpin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the gen v are prolly a little more but the guy didnt discolse that info and they are now 75 plus shipping while this is only 30 bux.

·
I know all about that...
1,715 Posts
I've had to buy 4 of those bulbs from that yahoo site because they keep burning out. They look great until they do though. They are dentist bulbs and are designed for minimal vibration, which is the reason they keep burning out. I finally just gave up because I got tired of ordering them and replacing them over and over. I just stopped using my DAE's all together. So until they come out with a 50 watt bulb that can handle bumps I'm not gonna have DAE I guess. :banghead:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I havnt had any problems with the bulbs that came in my genV. Only been in a week and a half though.They are hooked up so they are on all the time by themselves whenever the engine is running, without having to turn on the fogs or turn signals. Anybody know what the model type and wattage,etc is on the ones that are in my new set?

·
Registered
622 Posts
M3911t said:
hey guys here we go finally we cna be like those guys out there with the nice angel eyes cuz MINE SUCK...ok after doign alot of research...i foudn a guy here in Los Angeles who can get me these blubs for a great price. they are the Oshio ones that Mac Fly i beleive used
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/jcmr12v50wfl.html

MSRP on them is like 19 and they go for 18 on that site BUT they dont ahve any in and wont be getting any in anytime soon. THe place that i found can get me each bulb for 14.95 which is damn good deal imo. The only thing is that i has to order a case and each case has 10 in it...so in order to order then case i have to assure him that tehre will be 4 people other then me that will buy the bulbs. This is a great deal and i know alot of people want the bulbs incliding me...if ur in LA i can give u his number abd u can talk directly to him and if ur not here in LA you call him and arrange shipping. For those who are interesested please email me at [email protected] or post a reply.
As of right now 1(me) down, 4 to go.
P.s. im posting it in the general board cuz everyone who looks for DDE info and fix it problems looks in this board and this is not a for sale ad.

:pimpin: :pimpin:
I dropped u an email.

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
The already sent Gen V bulbs are Ushio mr16 75W bulbs.

The new upgraded gen V bulbs are GE mr16 71W bulbs. Which are supposed to be 60% brighter.

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
LumenX is "built-in" to DDE Gen V.
LumenX Enhanced is going to be released in a bit (delays in manufacturing).

Gen V can't support an MR-11.

Coincidentally, I've now had the distinct pleasure of talking to two of the leading suppliers in the country for lighting products.

Their comments - "there is nothing brighter out there" :D:D I'd give names, but, they're trade secrets:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mr11 50watts are alot cheaper at 29 dollars than 80 plus dollars for just the gen v upgrade for mr16 70w...the v is garateed brighter but at nearly three tiems the cost.

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
see, there we go again, playing garage mechanic/engineer :D:D (just kidding - but there is some truth to it).

Gen V is NOT just bulbs.

You get a totally different way to route/hold the fiber.
You get a wiring relay/harness
You get SHIELDED connectors
You get Illuminators that are DESIGNED/ENGINEER/PRODUCED to IS09001 specs!
You get precisely measured output and focal distances.

So, all that being said...here's what I don't want to see happen:
$30 in MR-11 Bulb
$2000 in burnt underhood components.

Should have gone with Gen V - priceless.;)

be careful!

·
Registered
80 Posts
50w MR11, 15 additional watts burn that much hotter than 35w MR11 to burn up a car???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Should have gone with Gen V - priceless.;)

be careful! [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for Gen VIII...hopefully by then, you guys will have all the issues with the constant upgrades worked out.....hate to feel like "damn, should have waited to get that version" syndrom...:cry:

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
it's engineering. yes 50W DOES burn hotter. Will it burn your car, wouldn't go that far, but then, wouldn't say no either;)

You don't HAVE to upgrade :tongue:

Here's how I look at it:
Windows 95 still works for some people.
I'm still on Windows 2000.
Windows 2003 is coming soon. Should I upgrade to that or wait?

Up to you:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts